- The Toronto Raptors recorded their first 50 win season as they sealed the second seed in the Eastern Conference. They recorded their 50th win on 30 March, 2016.
- The Golden State Warriors became only the second team to reach 70 wins in a regular season, joining the 1995-96 Chicago Bulls.
- The Warriors, along with the Chicago Bulls are the only teams that have recorded back to back seasons with 65 wins. The Bulls did it during 1995-96 and 1996-97, and the Warriors have done this over 2014-15 and 2015-16.
- San Antonio Spurs recorded their best ever season by winning their 64th game on April 2nd against Toronto. It beats the 2005-06 franchise record of 63 regular season wins. The Spurs also extend their season of winning 50+ regular season games to 19 seasons (if we count the winning percentage of the shortened 1998-99 season, where they won 37 out of 50). They finish the season 67-15, tied as the 8th best record in NBA history.
- Philadelphia have recorded 3 consecutive seasons with 60 or more defeats a season. This has been going on since 2013-14. During that time, the 76ers have won 47 out of 242 games and have been in the draft lottery ever since.
- The 76ers are also the only franchise to start multiple seasons 0-17, as they matched their start to the 2014-15 season the same in 2015-16.
- The Los Angeles Lakers have recorded their worst season in Franchise history. They surpassed their tally of 61 losses with their 62nd defeat at the hands of co-tenants LA Clippers, making it back to back seasons with 60+ losses for the 16 time NBA Champions. The final tally was a 17-65 record for the Lakers.