Stuart Broad ripped apart the Australian batting line up today in the 1st innings of the 4th ashes test. Many new records were created and a few narrowly avoided. We bring you the records that were set today
9) Australia’s score in the first innings of 60, is their seventh-lowest score in Test history. They were also bowled out for 47 against South Africa in Cape Town, 2011.
8) It took Australia 25 balls to lose their first five wickets, the quickest any team has lost five wickets
7) 18.3 overs- Australia lasted a mere 18.3 overs. It was the shortest-ever first innings of a Test. It was also Australia’s third-shortest Test innings.
6) 2 Wickets were taken by Stuart Broad in the very first over of the match-This instance has happened only twice before- Irfan Pathan against Pakistan (2006) and Chris Cairns against England (2002).
5) Chris Rogers made the first duck of his Test career, which happened to be his 46th innings. If Rogers had not scored a duck in this match. He is set to retire after this series ,he would have had the longest Test career without a single duck if not for Broad.
4) 5 England bowlers have taken 300-plus Test wickets. Broad became the fifth bowler to join the list when he dismissed Chris Rogers in the first innings. The other four bowlers are James Anderson (413), Ian Botham (383), Bob Willis (325) and Fred Trueman (307).
3) 6.1 Overs were bowled when Stuart Broad picked up his fifth wicket in the form of Michael Clarke. No bowler had earlier picked up more than three wickets in the first 6.1 overs of an innings.
2) None of Australia’s top-seven batsmen scored more than 10 runs during the first innings. The last time when Australia’s top-seven batsmen were dismissed for 10 runs or less in an Ashes Test was 79 years ago, in Brisbane in 1936. Australia has suffered through this five times in all Tests, four of those instances came against England.
1)8-15 Stuart Broad’s figures in the first innings of this match, his career best figures
A judgemental opinionated person with prejudice towards everything. Sachin fan, Cricket enthusiast, Engineer, Thaparian, Johnian, Achha Insan