EssentiallySports (owned by Full Spectrum Services LLP) is dedicated to furnishing content of the highest standard in the sports journalism ecosystem. EssentiallySports prides itself in news coverage free from bias and political affiliation, and strives to uphold our Editorial Guidelines. EssentiallySports strives to achieve the standards set henceforth in both its commercial and journalistic pursuits, which are accepted universally.?
EssentiallySports ensures that it keeps updating its policies to keep up with the pace of the ever-changing digital media landscape. When drafting this policy document, the organization takes into account the constructive discourse from key stakeholders and also the updates, if any, in the legal framework.
Code of Ethics
These guidelines apply to all members of EssentiallySports whose work directly affects the website content. They include the Content Heads, Writers, and Editors.
- EssentiallySports writers and editors shall maintain the neutrality of tone in matters of politics and government, and adhere to stringent internal standards around ?neutral reporting?.??
- At EssentiallySports, we are highly particular about our content standards, as enunciated in our ?Editorial Guidelines?. We do not promote or support hate speech or violence. Therefore, EssentiallySports expects its writers and editors to censor curse words, tone down violent action or speech, or provide trigger warnings, where appropriate.?
- At EssentiallySports our writers and editors are to follow the Editorial Playbook and the Writers? Playbook presented to them at the beginning of their tenure. This includes practicing fact-checking, citing the exact quote, integrity of images? & audio-visual content, and avoiding anonymous sourcing unless warranted in special circumstances.
- At EssentiallySports we have strict department-specific policies. Our personnel is not to negligently gather sources or report news in an irresponsible manner, irrespective of the timeliness expected in the journalism hemisphere.?
- EssentiallySports has worked relentlessly to build its credibility and reputation as a sports news reporting website. Our employees must not do anything that will damage the reputation of EssentiallySports and be in violation of our internal compliance policies.?
- Employee safety is of utmost importance to us. We also observe and uphold the company?s policies against harassment, even in the digital hemisphere.
EssentiallySports believes all differences in views find common ground in an amicable discussion, almost without exception. Nevertheless, EssentiallySports strictly views any deliberate violation of these guidelines as a serious offense and shall lead to disciplinary action.?
EssentiallySports reserves the right to modify and expand the guidelines from time to time, as appropriate.
We, at EssentiallySports, strictly adhere to the Editorial Standards expected of us and are accepted universally through what is stipulated in our ?Editorial Guidelines?.
Fact-Checking: In order to provide content that is authentic, timely, unbiased, reliable, and resourceful. Our editorial team plays an important role in pursuing our goal of creating a trustworthy and thought-provoking experience for consumers. We have a thorough process of authenticating, citing, and crediting sources when we deal with or without primary sources. Throughout this process, our ?Editorial Leadership? works closely with our content creators to produce quality and equitable content by adhering to our ?Fact-checking Policy?.???
Corrections:? At EssentiallySports, we strive to ensure that the information we furnish is accurate, verified, and equitable. In case a mistake or an error is made, we recognize the importance of acknowledging the same and working towards rectifying it. We also encourage our readers and contributors to provide us with feedback on our content. The hallmark of quality and responsible journalism is to hold oneself accountable and acknowledge the need for prompt corrections after discovering an error. Thus, EssentiallySports is dedicated to providing the correct information as soon as a mistake is brought to attention as enunciated in our ?Corrections Policy?.?
Pursuing the News (Conflict of Interest):
All the necessary measures are taken to ensure no conflict of interest arises due to any breach of ethical values. We make it a case that our writers, editors, or the head of departments agree to the prerequisite that they can not accept payment from any organization/entity that they cover in articles. In the case of sponsored content, we shall provide appropriate disclosure.?
Through our product offering, we do not intend to undermine the credibility of any individual/entity/group and certainly do not wish to defame anyone. We are adamant about covering the news content in a pure reporting tone and not indulging in make-believe false publishing.
Our content/interviews shall not be tailored to suppress the opinion of any entity, but as an organization, we keep no aim to benefit from a negative controversy.
Protecting the Neutrality:
EssentiallySports acknowledges the importance of neutral reporting in the media hemisphere. To ensure this, we have stringent rules in place, where our publishing goes through stringent editorial review.?
We respect the interests of our readers/viewers and adhere to the values around not furnishing biased content. It is part of our core ethics that we never speak ill about any individual/entity on the basis of their nationality, color, religion, sex, political inclination etc.
We admittedly do cover opinionated pieces on our platform, but none with an aim to distort facts or claim things outlandish in nature, that can demean anyone.
Through our content, we do not aim to directly promote any product, brand or business. When we indulge in sponsored posts/articles, we shall mark/stipulate/create a section for the sponsored/paid nature of such content.??
With the banner ads on our website to drive our basic commercial interests, we do not intend to affect the decision of consumers in any form.?
As a rapidly growing media organization, EssentiallySports covers an extensive amount of articles spread across many different sporting individuals/entities. Our articles make use of various types of news sources, images and audio-visual content. At all times, we strive to uphold the Intellectual Property rights held by others and shall appropriately use the fair-use exception granted to us in the Editorial hemisphere.?
We are very strict on checking plagiarism and enforcing a thumb rule of no copying of others? content. Our editorial team makes use of industry-leading plagiarism tools and runs every draft through the tools to ensure that there exists no plagiarised content.
When covering a piece of news, it becomes our duty to give due credit to the source of information. In no condition, do we release a quote or niche statistical information or a claim without citation to an authentic and verified source.?
If you have a comment or question about our editorial practices or our code of ethics, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org?
Ethics Policy Update: 06/02/2023