Animal Crossing: New Horizons – Update 2.0 Brings Exciting Modifications to the Wisp Challenge

Published 11/22/2021, 8:41 AM EST


Even though it’s been days since Animal Crossing: New Horizons debuted Update 2.0, ardent fans still have a lot of content to go through. With the addition of a new paid DLC and a massive update, fans have a lot to do in both their normal and Happy Home Paradise Island. From visiting mysterious Islands to checking out the updated Harv’s Island, it will be a long time before fans explore the entire update.

ADVERTISEMENT

Article continues below this ad

However, few players might have noticed an update to the Wisp challenge. For the past few months, players might have skipped them because of the lackluster rewards it provided. But, it seems like Update 2.0 might attract fans to do this more often than not.

ADVERTISEMENT

Article continues below this ad

Update 2.0 tweaks Wisp challenge rewards in Animal Crossing: New Horizons

Animal Crossing players might have seen a white-friendly ghost roaming around their Island between 8 pm and 4 am sometimes. However, only a few of them recognize this quirky character in Wisp, who’s more scared of the players than they are of them. If players approach them. Wisp will become startled and it will split into five spirit pieces, and scatter around the Island. Wisp will then ask fans to catch them, and once they retrieve all of them, it will provide them with a reward.

Fans will receive two reward options in an expensive or new item that they currently don’t possess. Before the update, the reward drops for the challenge include furniture, wallpaper, flooring, and clothing at 40%, 24%, 24%, and 12%, respectively. However, following Update 2.0, the drop rates for these items have now been tweaked to 75%, 5%, 5%, and 15%, respectively. However, it’s just not the drop rates that’s received a tweak as the values have dramatically changed as well.

Source: Mayor Mori

Item values go through the roof

ADVERTISEMENT

Article continues below this ad

Prior to Update 2.0, the new catalog reward option provided players with an item worth at max around 2500 Bells. However, following the update, it has now jumped to 10,000 Bells. The expensive option has an even higher increase. Before the update, the expensive option provided the maximum value with a furniture priced around 15000 Bells. But, now the maximum value of a reward from that option comes around 100,000 Bells.

Along with that, Update 2.0 has also tweaked where Wisp will provide the reward item from. Previously in the expensive option, Wisp provided a 90% chance of gifting a high-value item worth a minimum of 1800 Bells to a 10% chance of providing a low-value item worth a minimum of 10 Bells. However, the developers have changed that in Animal Crossing: New Horizons, and it depends on whether players have upgraded Nook’s Cranny. Players who have upgraded Nook’s Cranny will have a 75% chance of receiving an item worth up to 100,000 Bells.

ADVERTISEMENT

Article continues below this ad

In the end, it seems like the Nintendo Switch title might bring back players to do this challenge more often. As the Wisp visits player Islands multiple times a week, fans have great opportunities to earn some expensive furniture as rewards. So make sure you startle Wisp up and catch its split souls every now and then.

WATCH THIS STORY: Top-Selling PlayStation, Xbox, and Nintendo Consoles of All Time

SHARE THIS ARTICLE :

ADVERTISEMENT

Rupesh Nair

1019 articles

Rupesh is an eSports author at EssentiallySports. Currently a student at Mumbai University, he has been involved with eSports since his childhood. Having played titles like Fallout 4, Minecraft, FIFA, Portal 2 and Halo 4 extensively, Rupesh has a deep understanding of the sport.

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT