India marched into the top 10 in the medal tally riding on Yogeshwar Dutt’s gold medal effort. Good performances in athletics and tennis puts India in the ninth position in Asian Games at Incheon.
- India’s only gold today was won by the Mr. consistent Yogeshwar Dutt in the 65 kg category putting an end to shoddy performances by the men in this sport.
- Khusbir Kaur won silver in women’s 20km race walk to clinch the first medal in the athletics today.
- There were twin bronze medals in the men’s and women’s 400m category as Arokia surprised with a personal best performance before Poovamma added to the tally.
- Manju Bala won bronze medal in the women’s hammer throw to provide the first medal in the field events in the incheon games.
- Yuki bhambri had a miserable day as he lost both his singles semis and doubles semis with Divij Sharan to end up with two bronze medals.
- But Sania Mirza and Saketh Myneni assure india a silver as they enter the mixed doubles final. Earlier in the day she won a bronze with Prarthana Gulabrao after losing in the women’s doubles semifinals.
- There was good news in the boxing department as all the three women pugilists Mary Kom, Sarita Devi and Pooja Rani entered semifinals in their respective categories.