10 Ridiculous Things Mike Tyson Wasted His Money On
Mike Tyson is a name synonymous with superstardom. The boxing legend has never shied away from the limelight and has been in the headlines ever since he rose to the top.
Article continues below this ad
The former heavyweight champion of the world has made some questionable decisions throughout his career. None more so than his financial decisions. So let’s look at a few ridiculous things that Mike Tyson spent money on.
Article continues below this ad
- Pet tigers: By far one of the most arrogant and outrageous things that Mike Tyson has done is owning pet tigers. The superstar had 3 Bengal tigers and is said to have spent $60,000 on each. With a further $70,000 on their maintenance and diet. He even had to hire an animal trainer that cost him a further $125,000.
- Gold bathtub: ‘Iron Mike’ did everything different from others, including gifts. He gifted his ex-wife a 24 karat bathtub. As expected, this gift cost a lot of money. The gift reportedly cost his $2.2 million.
- The 1997 Bentley Continental T: Most sports persons spend their money on cars, and Tyson was no different. However, on some occasions, he took it too far. He bought the 1997 Bentley Continental T for a reported $500,000. It was one of only 73 models.
- 30th Birthday Party: Parties can often get expensive, especially celebrity parties. However, Tyson did it differently and took it up a notch. He once spent $410,000 on his 30th birthday party. There are no details as to how many guests they invited, but it sounds like it was one heck of a party.
- Pigeons: Tigers were not the only pets that Mike Tyson spent a lot of money on. He reportedly spent $400,000 on pigeons. He has expressed his love for birds on multiple occasions; however, spending such an amount of money on pigeons is surely taking it too far.
- Jaguar XJ220: Another one of Mike Tyson’s expensive cars, this time it was a Jaguar. The car set Tyson back a reported $470,000. Thus making it one of his most expensive cars.
- Ohio Mansion: Lavish spending on houses is not unusual for celebrities. However, Tyson’s Ohio mansion had unnecessary details that cost a lot. Reports suggest that the main bathroom in that house came equipped with gold taps and marble floors. The mansion cost him an estimated $300,000.
- Bentley Azure: Yet another car; however, this makes the list for the number of cars he bought. Tyson bought five Bentley Azures on the same day. The cost of the cars totaled over $1.5 million.
- Jewelry: Tyson was all about that ‘Bling’; but like with everything else on this list, he took it too far. The former champion reportedly spent a total of $3.4 million on his jewelry.
- Cannabis Farm: Most recent of all, Tyson invested in a Cannabis farm. However, the 40-acre plot will not be used only for Cannabis farming, but also will for other things like ‘glamping’ and amphitheaters.
Mike Tyson filed for bankruptcy
All this spending caught up with Tyson. The icon faced serious financial issues due to his rash spending, eventually filing for bankruptcy in 2003. All the information about his spending came as a result of his filing for bankruptcy. What do you make of Mike Tyson’s lifestyle?