“Enemy Molotov out!” Since the Season 9 update in Call Of Duty Mobile, that is all anyone can hear in matches. The new update turned the Molotov from a scorestreak into a lethal. Further to that, the damage was also increased. The Molotov could now kill even on impact. Honestly, when the update initially released, nobody realized how this was going to change the game.
Just a few days after that, players were only spamming Molotovs all around the map. Turning it into a lethal also changed the number of Molotovs that could be used. Previously, it took 4 normal kills to get Molotov as a scorestreak. With the Season 9 update, all you had to do to get another one was die.
Maybe in public matches, players could camp it out to get nukes but ranked was totally unplayable. All this because of one lethal.
A trophy system is a must-carry, nowadays. After all, one trophy can handle two lethals.
So to successfully defend a hill or flag, a player only had to chug Molotovs at it. Last season, developers added a perk called Shrapnel, which allowed you to spawn with an extra lethal every time. That, in addition to the season 9 update meant players could carry two Molotovs.
Yesterday, the Garena version released some new midseason patch notes. Apart from the much required Molotov nerf, we also got a QQ9 nerf. It was a fan-favorite this season with the Gunsmith aiding in making the SMG, which was already the best one, into an overpowered weapon. Also, the mag capacity for the Cordite was another annoying addition that was changed.
Call of Duty Mobile Patch Notes- 20th August
- Red dot sights and holo sights no longer reduces ads speed
- Increase sprint-to-fire speed of all weapons. Increase sprint-to-ads speed of all weapons.
- Reduces the hip fire accuracy of Merc grip
- Gun Balance
- Chopper: Reduced hip fire accuracy of heavy grip
- Reduced the weapon sway (from breathing) of all sniper rifles and marksman rifles
- DLQ33/SNIPERSNIVER/LOCUS/ARCTIC.50: Increased ads speed
- Reduced the ads speed debuff from attachments for sniper rifles and marksman rifles
- QQ9: Increased the recoil and reduced damage to limbs
- Arctic.50 with Stopping Power Mag – Increased fire rate, ADS speed and recoil control
- Pharo: Increased overall recoil and reduced damage to the lower bodyBK57: Fixed the description of 7.62mm Mag; updated description to say increased headshot damage
- Cordite: ADS bullet spread accuracy is reduced. Ammo capacity of Extended Mags is reduced.
- Molotov: Decrease damage per second and total duration. Initial damage will only happen after explosion
- Modification of BR Weapons Camos
- Spawned weapons in BR will no longer have skins. Camos set by players in loadouts will be applied instead.