fbpx
Now Reading
Indianapolis Motor Speedway Finally Ends It’s Annual Local TV Blackout for This Year’s Indy 500

Indianapolis Motor Speedway Finally Ends It’s Annual Local TV Blackout for This Year’s Indy 500

Indianapolis Motor Speedway

This year, the Indianapolis Motor Speedway will end its local TV blackout for the IndyCar Indy 500. The highly anticipated racing event will flag off next month on August 23. In addition, the tickets for the 104th Indianapolis 500 race will be out soon.

According to recent reports, IMS management has finally decided to drop the TV blackout. Sports Business Journal’s Adam Stern revealed the management’s recent decision on Twitter.

He wrote, @IMS announces that this year’s Indy 500 will be aired locally in Indianapolis, dropping the annual blackout.”

New rules for the Indy 500 at Indianapolis Motor Speedway

According to the management, this year, the Indy 500 will run very differently. Racer.com reports that on Tuesday, Penske Entertainment Corp. sent out a press release.

In the statement, President & CEO Mark Miles reveals the details of the Indy 500 week.

He said, “We will welcome fans back, and we have an aggressive plan in place, which has been developed through collaboration with national, state, and local health experts. We also made clear we intended to do things differently this year.”

After that, he spoke about all the measures the management is taking to safeguard the health interest of fans.

He said, “By offering credits to fans who had previously purchased tickets, encouraging those over 65 to stay at home, limiting attendance in the infield, reducing tickets in our suites, and promising fans their decision to not attend would not impact their seniority or right to renew tickets for 2021.”

He stated that the earlier estimate of allowing 50% fans in the race will need a change. Now, only around 25% of fans will be allowed to attend the race at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway.

He said, “In June, we announced the race was on and that attendance would be limited to no more than 50 percent of capacity. However, we now anticipate attendance at approximately 25 percent of capacity.”

ALSO READ- Jimmie Johnson Finally Gets His IndyCar Test With Chip Ganassi Racing

Scroll To Top