IPL 2017: RCB can still make to the playoffs after a shameful season
The team that can be well compared to the Avengers, has been trounced in the tenth edition of IPL and is now placed 7th in the league table. A humiliating record of a mere 2 victories in 10 matches so far might appear astutely “unbelievable” but that is what the scenes are. RCB has had one of the most dreadful season after being wrapped up for an embarrassing 49 against the table toppers KKR. RCB also set the unwanted IPL record of the lowest total ever in the history of the league. The stalwarts of the shortest format like Chris Gayle, AB De Villiers, Shane Watson have failed miserably in their business. The hopes to make to the playoffs might have evaporated from the minds of the RCB skipper Virat Kohli and the fans across the globe.
America’s Favorite Video Today
However, mathematics has its own calculations and provides feasible options for the RCB team to make to the top 4. Despite being just one point ahead of Delhi Daredevils, who are placed last in the league table and have 3 extra matches to play, RCB can still dream for the playoffs. The calculations show that, the things should be placed exactly according to the demands at this stage. The following set of conditions need to be fulfilled if RCB want to make it to the playoffs.
Article continues below this ad
- It is assumed that Kolkata Knight Riders, Mumbai Indians and Sunrisers Hyderabad will cement the top 3 positions.
- RCB have to win all four matches against Mumbai Indians, Rising Pune Supergiants, Kolkata Knight Riders and Delhi Daredevils.
- Rising Pune Supergiants should win at most 1 match of their remaining 5 matches.
- Gujarat Lions and Kings Eleven Punjab should not win more than 3 matches out of their 5 and 6 games respectively.
- Delhi Daredevils should win 4 or fewer matches of their 7 matches in hand.
The combinations of the above conditions will place RCB at the fourth position in the league table.The following image shows the possible outcomes of the fixtures to allow RCB for the playoffs.
The above table shows the possible outcomes that can help RCB. A few deviations in the above table with certain respective changes will still allow RCB to make to the playoffs. However these are the fanciful conditions with negligible probability. RCB will require their fortune to shine if they wish to see themselves sparkling in the top 4. RCB’s chances to make to the top 4 depend more on the other teams than themselves.