Brad Keselowski’s Nightmare Turns Worse as NASCAR Issues Fresh Sanctions After Crew Chief Ban & $100K Fine

Published 03/26/2022, 5:15 AM EDT

Follow Us

via Getty

Challenge. This is one of the recurring keywords from almost all of Brad Keselowski’s answers about how he looks at his new role as the driver and co-owner of Roush Fenway Keselowski racing.

America’s Favorite Video Today

And he’s right, it is a challenge, only now he is realizing the unrealized, unexpected, and to a degree, underestimated consequences of the same.

Because it hasn’t even been a week since NASCAR imposed their incredibly strict penalties on the car No.6 for tampering with the parts, and now Brad Keselowski and co. are looking at yet another penalty.

ADVERTISEMENT

Article continues below this ad

The penalty is once again due to his Mustang, only this time it didn’t pass the pre-race inspection. As a result, the former Penske driver will lose a crew member for the race in Austin this weekend.

Journalist Bob Pockrass reported, “Keselowski, Bilicki, Grala, Said, Lally cars failed tech 2x — will lose crew member. Keselowski & Bilicki good on third time so get to qualify & keep starting spot but Lally failed 3x so won’t qualify and pass-through after first lap. Grala, Said still need to pass on third time.”

Brad Keselowski and RFK Racing have filed an appeal

After the decision to penalize the No.6 was announced on Thursday, RFK Racing had until Tuesday to decide whether or not they wanted to appeal. As you’d expect, the answer was pretty obvious, and the RFK team was pretty fast.

ADVERTISEMENT

Article continues below this ad

They filed an appeal on Friday and issued a statement that read, “In connection to the penalties announced yesterday by NASCAR, we have filed a notice of appeal and look forward to the opportunity to work through the process.

Trending

Get instantly notified of the hottest NASCAR stories via Google! Click on Follow Us and Tap the Blue Star.

Follow Us

USA Today via Reuters

Brad Keselowski and his team would desperately hope that their appeal at least leads them back to their road to progress. Because so far this season, they haven’t really made any, and the penalties have only detoured them off of the road on which they were already struggling.

ADVERTISEMENT

Article continues below this ad

Having said that, it’s pretty unlikely that NASCAR will take a step back on their decision. After all, such a decision isn’t made without due thinking and consideration.

SHARE THIS ARTICLE :

ADVERTISEMENT

Written by:

Shaharyar Khan Chauhan

1,896Articles

One take at a time

Shaharyar is an F1 & NASCAR writer at EssentiallySports. A graduate in Journalism from Amity University, he has been a passionate follower of motorsports for a better part of the decade. A Max Verstappen and Ferrari supporter, he dreams of a pairing of the two in future.
Show More>

Edited by:

Ankit Sharma

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

EDITORS' PICK

America’s Favorite Video Today