If you were wondering how fast a few MMA matches finish, then AJ McKee just showed that he could do it in eight seconds. Yes, “eight” seconds. In the Featherweight category match in Bellator 228, he emerged victorious over Georgi Karakhanyan in just eight seconds- the second fastest finish in Bellator MMA history.
“FASTER THAN A TIK TOK VIDEO!” 🗣️
— DAZN USA (@DAZN_USA) September 29, 2019
The win over Karakhanyan saw McKee extend his professional winning streak to 15 matche- winning six by knock outs, five by decision and four by submissions.
McKee is yet to lose in the Bellator MMA and his winning streal of 15 is unmatched in the history of Bellator. He also holds the record for most number of submission wins in the Bellator featherwight division, tied with Emmanuel Sanchez and Patricio Freire.
He now moves into the second round of the Featherweight World Grand Prix tournament, to further stamp his authority in 145 pound category.
The Bellator 228 saw a few more exciting matches, though none were close to McKee’s eight second victory.
Results in the Bellator 228-
- Lyoto Machida vs. Gegard Mousasi — Mousasi SD 28-29, 29-28, 30-27.
- Patricio Freire vs. Juan Archuleta — Freire UD 49-46 X2, 50-45.
- A.J. McKee vs. Georgi Karakhanyan — McKee KO 0:08 R1.
- Darrion Caldwell vs. Henry Corrales — Caldwell UD 29-27, 30-27 X2.
- Daniel Weichel vs. Saul Rogers — Weichel UD 29-28 X2, 30-27.
- Michael Jasper vs. Johnny Cisneros — Cisneros TKO (injury) 4:28 R2.
- Joshua Jones vs. Dominic Clark — Jones sub (guillotine) 2:39 R1.
- Weber Almeida vs. Castle Williams — Almeida TKO 0:20 R2.
- Antonio McKee vs. William Sriyapai — McKee TKO 1:17 R2.
- AJ Agazarm vs. Jonathan Quiroz — Agazarm UD 29-28 X3.
- Ava Knight vs. Shannon Goughary — Knight TKO 1:46 R3.
- James Barnes vs. David Duran — Barnes sub (RNC) 1:51 R2.
- Shawn Bunch vs. Leandro Higo — Higo sub (guillotine) 4:34 R2.
- Benji Gomez vs. Jonathan Santa Maria — postliminary.
- Jason Edwards vs. Adrian Najera — postliminary.
- Emilio Williams vs. Ian Butler — postliminary.
- Andre Walker vs. Osman Diaz — postliminary