WWE Universe Reacts to Bobby Lashley Becoming the New WWE Champion on Raw

Published 03/02/2021, 6:50 AM EST


WWE Monday Night Raw: March 1, 2021, brought to the WWE Universe a fresh WWE Champion, Bobby Lashley.

ADVERTISEMENT

Article continues below this ad

In less than a month, the WWE Championship belt has changed hands twice. First, The Miz secured it from Drew McIntyre at Elimination Chamber 2021 by cashing in his Money in the Bank contract. And now, Bobby Lashley took it from The Miz on Raw.

WWE termed this win as the beginning of the ‘Almighty Era’.

ADVERTISEMENT

Article continues below this ad

Coming to the fans, they’re ecstatic with the win. 99% of the fanbase are delighted with Lashley winning the title. The other 1% has already moved on to the next possibility of the title changing hands, i.e., Bobby Lashley vs. Brock Lesnar.

The Miz tried to avoid fighting Bobby Lashley

The Miz wanted to retain the title by hook or by crook.

His first attempt was to back out of the match by trying to convince WWE that Lashley wouldn’t be a fit champion on the Road to WrestleMania. A returning Shane McMahon informed Miz that if he didn’t take part in the match, he would have to forfeit the title.

When that didn’t work, the former WWE Champion applied a new strategy. He attempted to get disqualified in order to keep the title. Unfortunately for him, The Almighty One ensured that he kept Miz inside the ring.

Shane McMahon then announced that the champion and the challenger would face off in a lumberjack match.

Therefore, Lashley put The Miz within a mix of lumberjacks, all of whom wanted to inflict severe pain on him. Following that, Lashley put him in his infamous ‘The Hurt Lock,’ which compelled Miz to tap out.

Bobby Lashley secured the title via submission.

Bobby Lashley’s previous title run

Up until Elimination Chamber, Lashley was the WWE United States Champion. He defended the title against John Morrison and Matt Riddle.

He lost the title to Riddle, even though neither Morrison nor Riddle could actually put him down. Riddle secured the title after pinning John Morrison.

ADVERTISEMENT

Article continues below this ad

When Lashley lost the title to Riddle, the WWE Universe realized the company was making cosmic plans for him for the upcoming WrestleMania. However, nobody predicted what it would be, given WWE’s unpredictability.

Undoubtedly, as the new WWE Champion, Lashley will dominate Monday Night Raw. However, he will need to face a plethora of challengers, possibly including Randy Orton and Drew McIntyre.

Nevertheless, The Almighty One will definitely guard and defend the title with all his might!

ADVERTISEMENT

Article continues below this ad

What do you feel about Bobby Lashley becoming the WWE Champion? Let us know in the comments below.

SHARE THIS ARTICLE :

Shuvangi Sen Chaudhury

1248 articles

Shuvangi is a senior WWE and AEW author at EssentiallySports. She has over 1000 published WWE articles and also has experience in content operations with Forbes. Having completed her undergraduation from Royal Holloway, University of London, Shuvangi is closely aligned to the fitness industry, having amateur skills levels in tennis and basketball while rowing at a regatta level.

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT