AEW President Tony Khan Confirms Women’s Casino Battle Royale at All Out

Published 05/27/2021, 1:51 PM EDT


The Royal Rumble is one of the most popular attractions of the wrestling world. In he match, dozens of wrestlers get in the ring and try to throw each other off the top rope. The fans just eat up the chaos in the ring with bodies flying all over. President and CEO of AEW, Tony Khan, has some good news for the fans about the same.

ADVERTISEMENT

Article continues below this ad

 

HOUSTON, TX – DECEMBER 28: Tony Khan, son of team owner Shahid Khan of the Jacksonville Jaguars, waits on the field before their game against the Houston Texans at NRG Stadium on December 28, 2014 in Houston, Texas. (Photo by Scott Halleran/Getty Images)

Tony Khan’s huge announcement

ADVERTISEMENT

Article continues below this ad

On an episode of “AEW Unrestricted,” President and CEO of AEW, Tony Khan, joined Aubrey Edwards and Tony Schiavone to talk about Sunday’s Double or Nothing pay-per-view. Tony announced that the company will hold their first women’s Casino Battle Royale at the All Out PPV sometime later this year. He said,

“We had to do it at All Out, but it’s an important part of AEW, great to have it now back at Double or Nothing. And I look forward to the women’s Casino Battle Royale at All Out, which is going to also be returning, really excited about that.” (H/t Wrestle Inc. for transcriptions)

On the subject of Casino Battle Royale, Tony assured a future match for a forthcoming PPV. Khan stated that he’s glad they have the Casino Battle Royale back for Double or Nothing. Tony divulged that the Casino Battle Royal is a special part of the card, and last year, they weren’t able to do it because of the pandemic.

Khan regrets not being able to bring in enough wrestlers to do a good match. He really wanted to do it this year. “When we did finally do the Casino Battle Royale at All Out, it was a great match,” concluded Tony.

AEW amid the pandemic

In another interview, Tony revealed that they were doing their best business they had ever done. But with the pandemic hitting, they went from having their full roster to having less than 30% of them available.

Khan said that in the month of April, only 29% of their roster appeared on TV. The rest, which did not appear, included a lot of the biggest stars in the company.

With that 29% of the roster, they fought on. They did win the demo every week, but the ratings were tighter than he wanted.

DIVE DEEPER

AEW President Tony Khan Comments On Winning The Wednesday Night War Against WWE

about 2 months ago

ADVERTISEMENT

Article continues below this ad

What are your thoughts? Comment down and let us know!

 

ADVERTISEMENT

Article continues below this ad

 

SHARE THIS ARTICLE :

Aditya Pran Mahanta

193 articles

Aditya Pran Mahanta is a WWE and AEW author for EssentiallySports, who is currently pursuing his Bachelor of Arts degree. Being a sports fanatic, he has played at the state level badminton in his younger years but his love for WWE overtook all other passions. Being a decade-long wrestling fan, he relishes the older wrestlers and wishes that the newer generation had the same Edge. He is a passionate fan of Rey Mysterio for his high flying style, Edge for being The Ultimate Opportunist, and Razor Ramon because nobody messes with the Bad Guy!

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT