If you look for the happiest man these days , most likely you’ll zero in on a Liverpool fan; Klopp for the kop they say . But, not even God can win you games if your key players are injured . One such name on Liverpool’s injury list is Jordan Henderson . The Liverpool captain has missed all 8 premier league games this season which has resulted in a string of below par performances by Liverpool. It resulted in Liverpool grabbing only 12 points out of a possible 24 .
So what exactly is it that Henderson brings to the Liverpool squad.
1. A natural leader : Henderson keeps the lads motivated and on their toes . He learnt his craft from Mr. Liverpool a.k.a Steven Gerrard and so passes on the Liverpool passion onto the players . Milner though a great player , just hasn’t been able to do that .
2. Physicality in midfield : Henderson has a great influence and presence at the heart of the Liverpool midfield . He is not the kind of player who can be eased away from the ball. He provides impressive cover for the defence while playing in his holding position . Lucas and Allen have just not been able to provide this in his absence .
3. Ball distribution : Henderson has great passing accuracy and his quick ball distribution from defence to attack is commendable. In a more advanced role, he can provide well timed through-balls and good crosses .
4. Free Kicks : Henderson has a great shoot and provides many assists through his long range free kicks . His direct free kicks are lethal as well and he was one of Rodgers favourites to smash in penalties .
5. Controls the tempo : He might not be as big a maestro-midfielder as maybe Scholes but Henderson can also control the pace of the game and can bring the control of the game back into Liverpool’s hands .