feature-image
feature-image

The undefeated Sunny Edwards believes that he has all the chances of becoming a world champion.

Watch What’s Trending Now!

The 24-year-old is currently set to take on Thomas Essomba on August 22 in the return of Showtime boxing. Prior to the fight, Edward appears confident about securing the win. However, the Brit prodigy vows to keep a winning mindset, even if he loses the fight.

ADVERTISEMENT

Sunny Edwards is not afraid to lose

Edwards, 24, has had already grabbed a lot of attention with his unprecedented skills. No wonder if his skills are utilized properly, he can be the upcoming superstar of the sport.

That said, a defeat will not change Edwards’s plans on rising to prominence. The official Twitter handle of BT Sport on Boxing posted a video, where Edwards delivered his views on his future.

ADVERTISEMENT

“You can put anyone in the ring with me and I’d be confident to win because I believe in myself that much and even if I lost, I will still come out thinking I am the best in the world. I think anything less than that,” said Edwards.

ADVERTISEMENT

The undefeated Briton is the favorite in his upcoming fight against Thomas Essomba. However, Essomba, the Cameroonian has proven to be a devastator several times in his career.

ADVERTISEMENT

article-image

Edwards can be a terrific force inside the ring. Yet, Essomba can very well pull off an upset by shutting lights for his opponent on August 29.

ADVERTISEMENT

Edwards vs Essomba Preview

Thomas Essomba (10-5 as a pro) is riding a two-fight win streak. In his last appearance on December 16, Essomba picked a vicious knockout win over Iskander Kharsan.

ADVERTISEMENT

https://www.instagram.com/p/CDf5Xa3AlI7/

Meanwhile, Edwards competed last against Marcel Braithwaite in December 2019. He won the contest via decision, before taking a long gap from the action owing to the global lockdown.

ADVERTISEMENT

As things are slowly getting back on track, Edwards and Essomba will appear against each other with the motive to continue their win streak. Looking at the current scenario, the matchup is expected to be intense with both the fighters hunting down for a finish.

Read: “Problems Kept Coming”- Ryan Garcia Speaks on Headline Bout With Luke Campbell

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

Share this with a friend:

Link Copied!

ADVERTISEMENT

Written by

author-image

Raj Sarkar

3,299 Articles

Raj Sarkar is a UFC Sub-Group Head at EssentiallySports. Over the last four years, Raj has worked in several leading sports organizations. During this time, he has interviewed big names from the world of MMA and Boxing. His interviewees list includes ex-UFC stars Demetrious Johnson and Rory MacDonald, current UFC stars Andre Fialho and Drew Dober, ONE Championship star Ritu Phogat, PFL CEO Peter Murray, and popular ring girl turned boxer Carla Jade among others. With the wealth of experience he has in the field of combat sports, this Broadcast Journalism graduate is an expert in putting out content tailor-made for his reader base at ES. He is a big fan of strikers like Conor McGregor and Rodtang Jitmuangnon and appreciates devastating knockouts over other finishes. Raj hopes to attend and cover live UFC events. His biggest dream is to interview former UFC double champion Conor McGregor.

Know more

ADVERTISEMENT