feature-image

Getty

feature-image

Getty

Irish boxer, Jono Carroll, has ripped into controversial YouTuber turned boxer, Jake Paul. The 28-year-old said ‘The Problem Child’ has gone about calling out ‘The Notorious’ the wrong way, and because of that, the fight will not happen. He even explained what Paul’s team should have done.

Watch What’s Trending Now!

article-image

Paul has been resorting to extreme measures to call out several UFC stars. However, just like with most boxing fans, this has not gone down well with the 18-2-1 boxer

ADVERTISEMENT

Speaking to Fred Talks Fighting on YouTube, Carroll addressed the situation and claimed Paul went about it the wrong way. The Irishman said they were better off reaching out to McGregor’s agents with their $50 million offer.

“I think Conor’s team would have jumped at that a lot quicker than him disrespecting Conor and disrespecting his missus,” said Carroll. 

‘King Kong’ Carroll even admitted that McGregor would not feed into such call-outs, especially from someone like Jake Paul, who has only two professional fights.

READ: All You Need to Know About Conor McGregor and his Wife – Dee Devlin

Jono Carroll calls Jake Paul a ‘mummy’s boy’

Not only did the Irishman ridicule Paul’s call-out, but he also lashed out at him. He said he did not like the way Jake Paul disrespected the Irish flag, Conor McGregor, and McGregor’s wife.

I just don’t like him. He’s still a little muppet. He seems like a little mommy’s boy, you know what I mean? I just don’t like people like him,” said Carroll. 

article-image

Getty

The disrespect Carrol is talking about is the video that Paul made calling out McGregor. In the video, he draped the Irish flag on himself and called out the UFC star to a $50 million boxing fight. ‘The Problem Child’ also commented on the super-star fighter’s wife.

Therefore, as you can expect, this did not go down too well in the boxing community. And Carroll’s comments have only added to the criticism Paul has faced over the past few months. Despite not getting McGregor, Paul will now fight Ben Askren on April 17.

What do you make of Jono Carroll’s comments? Do you think Jake Paul had a better chance if he didn’t disrespect Conor McGregor?

READ: Jake Paul vs Logan Paul: Who is the Better Boxer?

ADVERTISEMENT

Share this with a friend:

Link Copied!

ADVERTISEMENT

Written by

author-image

Leonardo Carvalho

1,042 Articles

Leonardo Carvalho is a Boxing Writer for EssentiallySports. Before working as a boxing web journalist, Leonardo dabbled in roles ranging from an SEO specialist to a Chegg expert. Alongside his current role, Leonardo runs a YouTube channel where he combines his passion for fitness with sports. The latter is a discipline in which he holds a level 3 certification from the British Council's Premier Skills. He has covered some of the biggest boxing stories over the last year. These include Mike Tyson's comeback and Teofimo Lopez's ascent to the pinnacle of the lightweight division. This boxing enthusiast's tryst with the sport began when his favorite puncher, Anthony Joshua, knocked out Wladimir Klitschko to become the heavyweight champion. While he still admires 'AJ', he has developed a deep admiration for 'Sweethands' Caleb Plant. Besides his professional pursuits, Leonardo is an avid musician who is proficient with the guitar and the ukulele.

Know more

ADVERTISEMENT