feature-image
feature-image

Young boxing superstar Ryan Garcia has spoken up on his beef with YouTuber Jake Paul. The undefeated sensation, speaking to Sky Sports, expressed his opinion on the different subjects before his fight against Luke Campbell on December 5.

Watch What’s Trending Now!

The two have been very vocal about each other and their fight. However, there was also drama between the 22-year-old and Jake Paul. Since then, Garcia has confirmed that the beef was not real.

ADVERTISEMENT

article-image

Speaking about Jake Paul, he said that the beef was fake; however, it no longer is. “It’s semi-fake. I’ve always supported him and said it’s good for boxing to bring in new fans. This beef started as fake, but it’s turned into real stuff.” 

ADVERTISEMENT

He added, “Do I want to [beat him up?] Yes, I do. I wouldn’t mind. But do I hold anger towards him? No. He’s messing around too much, I’ll punch him, then we can laugh about it.”

ADVERTISEMENT

Jake Paul is set to face Nate Robinson on the Mike Tyson vs Roy Jones Jr. exhibition card on November 28.

View this post on Instagram

You’re looking at a super sayian 😤

A post shared by Ryan Garcia (@kingryang) on

He ended by saying, “For a million-dollar cheque, I would punch Jake Paul.” Given the situation in the lightweight division, it is difficult to see this fight happening soon. Also, Garcia gave an update on who he wants to fight after Luke Campbell.

ADVERTISEMENT

Ryan Garcia on the lightweight division and his next fight

Ever since Lopez beat Lomachenko to become the undisputed lightweight champion, there has been a lot to look forward to. Garcia had his say on the issue.

ADVERTISEMENT

Ryan accepted that Lopez’s win puts him as number one. The 22-year-old said, “The four horsemen – Ryan Garcia, Teofimo Lopez, Gervonta Davis, and Devin Haney. These will be amazing fights for the future.”

ADVERTISEMENT

article-image

However, he gave an update on who he wants next. He said, “I want Gervonta. That’s my Lomachenko fight. The fight that people don’t think I can win. Then I want to challenge Teofimo. Then Haney. In 2021, Gervonta and Teofimo are the guys I want.”

ADVERTISEMENT

If he gets his wish, Ryan Garcia might take over the lightweight division in the next year. Nevertheless, it is easier said than done.

ADVERTISEMENT

Ryan Garcia is known to be vocal about everything. He embraces the limelight and doesn’t shy away from controversy. And the excitement in the division now gives him more leverage to do so.

However, with him willing to fight the other top three in the division, we can expect to see some fiery matchups soon.

ADVERTISEMENT

Share this with a friend:

Link Copied!

ADVERTISEMENT

Written by

author-image

Leonardo Carvalho

1,042 Articles

Leonardo Carvalho is a Boxing Writer for EssentiallySports. Before working as a boxing web journalist, Leonardo dabbled in roles ranging from an SEO specialist to a Chegg expert. Alongside his current role, Leonardo runs a YouTube channel where he combines his passion for fitness with sports. The latter is a discipline in which he holds a level 3 certification from the British Council's Premier Skills. He has covered some of the biggest boxing stories over the last year. These include Mike Tyson's comeback and Teofimo Lopez's ascent to the pinnacle of the lightweight division. This boxing enthusiast's tryst with the sport began when his favorite puncher, Anthony Joshua, knocked out Wladimir Klitschko to become the heavyweight champion. While he still admires 'AJ', he has developed a deep admiration for 'Sweethands' Caleb Plant. Besides his professional pursuits, Leonardo is an avid musician who is proficient with the guitar and the ukulele.

Know more

ADVERTISEMENT