Tyson Fury’s Recent Poll About Anthony Joshua Yields Savage Results

Published 02/14/2021, 2:30 PM EST
BELFAST, NORTHERN IRELAND – AUGUST 15: Tyson Fury during an open public workout at Castle Court on August 15, 2018 in Belfast, Northern Ireland. The Carl Frampton boxing bill also featuring Tyson Fury and Paddy Barnes takes place on Saturday night at Windsor Park. (Photo by Charles McQuillan/Getty Images)


Despite having no official date and venue, the heavyweight title unification showdown between Anthony Joshua and Tyson Fury continues to garner significant attention. Both the pugilists appear confident of bagging the win and haven’t hesitated in demeaning the other.

ADVERTISEMENT

Article continues below this ad

Keeping with this, the WBC title-holder, Tyson Fury, has launched a fresh attack on the unified champion via social media. ‘The Gypsy King’ passed out a poll on Twitter, asking whether Joshua has the “ba***” to fight him or will he duck the contest.

Although the heavyweight matchup seems a done-deal, the social media post yielded surprising results. Most of the fans (51.4%) claimed that Anthony Joshua would find a way out to avoid the fight. The rest (48.6%) believed that Joshua and Fury would lock horns.

ADVERTISEMENT

Article continues below this ad

DIVE DEEPER

Tony Bellew Gets Brutally Honest About Avni Yildirim’s Chances Against Canelo Alvarez: ‘He Is Going to Get Tanked’

3 months ago

After avenging his defeat at the hands of Andy Ruiz Jr, Anthony Joshua registered his first finish in a while when he defended his belts against Kubrat Pulev. Subsequently, he desired to fight Tyson Fury; The WBC champion accepted the offer.

HYDE, ENGLAND – JULY 31: Tyson Fury trains during a media workout at Hatton Health & Fitness on July 31, 2018 in Hyde, England. (Photo by Nathan Stirk/Getty Images)

Top Rank CEO and Fury’s promoter, Bob Arum, also billed it as the greatest heavyweight title fight since Ali vs Frazier in 1971. Hence, the hype among fans, promoters, and co-fighters is at an all-time high. However, Joshua vs Fury has a lot more in store than the world titles.

DIVE DEEPER

Avni Yildirim: A Look Back at the Losses of His Pro Career

3 months ago

Tyson Fury vs Anthony Joshua- What’s at stake?

The matchup was touted years back and is still to meet fruition. But, this is the right time to stage the mega bout. Following his maiden professional defeat against Ruiz Jr, Joshua is once again a champion and is back to winning ways. Meanwhile, Tyson Fury is still unbeaten and has the WBC strap under his name. He ended Deontay Wilder’s run in his previous fight.

They have cleaned out some of the biggest names around and a fight against each other will serve as the ultimate proving ground. The winner will have bragging rights as the best heavyweight of the era and will etch his name in boxing lore for all eternity.

ADVERTISEMENT

Article continues below this ad

If everything falls in place, the heavyweights will sign a two-fight deal with an immediate rematch following the original clash. Until they ink the dotted line, an ever so small concern about the fight’s status will continue to linger.

Do you think Tyson Fury vs Anthony Joshua will happen, or will 51.4% of Fury’s followers be proven right?

ADVERTISEMENT

Article continues below this ad

 

SHARE THIS ARTICLE :

Raj Sarkar

1687 articles

A senior boxing writer at EssentiallySports, Raj Sarkar is a mass media graduate who is currently pursuing his master’s degree in broadcast journalism. In addition to his current role, he has worked with the MMA team at EssentiallySports and has interviewed prominent fighters such as Ritu Phogat and 'The Red King' Rory MacDonald. He combined his bachelor's degree with his adoration for combat sports and has a combined 2000 plus bylines in MMA and boxing over the last two years.

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT