Animal Crossing: New Horizons Player Who Accidentally Buried Life Savings Gets a Painfully Underwhelming Reward

Published 08/20/2021, 10:33 AM EDT


Animal Crossing: New Horizons is a game meticulously designed so players have plenty to do and enjoy. There’s a heavy emphasis on decoration and exploration. And there are quite a few ways players can increase their in-game currencies. One way players can increase the number of bells they have is by planting money trees. And recently, in an effort to make a fortune, a player planted a money tree using their life savings and was the recipient of an underwhelming reward.

ADVERTISEMENT

Article continues below this ad

so.. after accidentally burying 99k bells, these are the results. pain. from AnimalCrossing

ADVERTISEMENT

Article continues below this ad

The player had planted the money tree using 99,000 bells and got only 30,000 in return. The player must have been devastated, but what did he do wrong?

Animal Crossing: New Horizons – how did the player lose so much money?

In this game, players will sometimes find themselves with a unique opportunity. Players will come across shining spots on the ground. They can decide to use a shovel and dig away at the spot, which will normally give them some bells. Once the player has done that, there’s a hole in the ground. Instead of filling the hole, players can choose to plant a money tree in the spot using some bells.

WATCH THIS STORY – Pokémon Go Tips and Tricks to Become A Master

ADVERTISEMENT

Article continues below this ad

If the players decide to use bells between 100 and 1000 in amount, they will always get three times that amount in bells. This means that if a player plants a money tree with 1000 bells, they will get 3000 in return. However, when a player goes beyond that amount and plants a money tree using anywhere from 10,000 to 90,000 bells, there’s a good chance they will get 30,000 bells in return regardless of the number of bells they used to pant the tree.

Basically, there’s a 70% chance of getting 30,000 bells as a reward and a 30% chance of getting three times the original amount as a reward. This means that if players use 90,000 bells to plant a money tree, there’s a 30% chance they might get 270,000 as a reward. And that’s what this player who lost all his life savings was going for. And that’s why he lost his life savings.

ADVERTISEMENT

Article continues below this ad

While it’s a good idea to invest in these money plants in Animal Crossing: New Horizons, it’s not a good idea to spend your life savings on them.

DIVE DEEPER

PewDiePie Roasts Pokimane for Her Streaming Setup and Obnoxious Cable Management

30 days ago

Trending Stories

SHARE THIS ARTICLE :

ADVERTISEMENT

Soumyadyuti Ghosh

277 articles

An eSports writer at EssentiallySports, Soumyadyuti Ghosh is pursuing a bachelor's degree in Business Management. Before becoming an eSports writer for EssentiallySports, he worked as a freelance content writer, editor, and proofreader and primarily worked on projects revolving around insurance, travel, and gadgets. An unquenchable thirst to learn about all things eSports, a rather unhealthy obsession with playing video games, and an almost encyclopedic knowledge of the gaming industry make him a video game aficionado.

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT