PlayStation Console Sparks Massive Fire Burning Down an Entire House

Published 01/01/2022, 1:24 PM EST


No console maker ever wishes to wake to news as horrifying as this one that occurred in the sea-port city of Dawlish in the UK. It is being reported that a PlayStation console that was possibly left turned on has become the cause of a fire that incinerated a house. Sony’s consoles have been reported to heat up if its cooling vents are blocked or the internal parts have dust particles.

ADVERTISEMENT

Article continues below this ad

It seems like something similar occurred in the Devon county as fire services have reported the device being the sole cause. The bedroom, where the console was located, burnt to a crisp while other areas of the house also incurred heavy damage.

Also Read: Devonlive

ADVERTISEMENT

Article continues below this ad

image source: Devonlive

Overheating PlayStation console becomes a fire hazard

According to a report by DevonLive, in the early morning hours, a house located on Elm Grove Road in the city caught fire and produced a massive cloud of blackened smoke. Fire services from Teignmouth, Newton Abbot and Torquay rushed to the location and doused the flames.

Upon inspection, it was discovered that the fire was originally born out of a gaming console located in the bedroom. It is the major reason why this room was totally destroyed while other parts of the property suffered damage as well.

Watch this story: The Best Spiderman Games of All Time

ADVERTISEMENT

Article continues below this ad

A spokesperson from the fire department shed light on the situation and confirmed that no one was injured in this incident.

“The bedroom was 100 percent damaged by fire and the rest of the property was 20 percent damaged by smoke and water. Nobody was hurt, everyone was out by the time we arrived.”

ADVERTISEMENT

Article continues below this ad

This is not news that will help Sony topple the high-flying Xbox anytime soon. The studio needs to address the situation and figure out what truly caused the device to turn into a fire-breathing dragon. Sony could have a serious problem on its hands.

SHARE THIS ARTICLE :

ADVERTISEMENT

Ayank Chourasia

1519 articles

Ayank Chourasia is an eSports author at EssentiallySports. He has been writing since 2016 across various fields, having done his BBA from T.I.

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT