Todd Howard Reveals Only 10% of Planets Hold Life in Starfield’s Vast Universe

Published 06/24/2023, 10:40 AM EDT

Follow Us

Is 10 percent enough life for players?

America’s Favorite Video Today

There’s no doubt about the fact that Starfield is the biggest and most anticipated game of 2023. At least when it comes to the second half of this year. The Xbox exclusive will soon arrive worldwide for every die-hard fan who’s curious to dive into its infinitely massive open world.

But exactly how big is Starfield’s universe? More importantly, will it offer the players something to do on the many planets that will be there in the game? In case anyone missed keeping track of the count, there will be 1,000 planets in this upcoming project from Microsoft and Bethesda.

ADVERTISEMENT

Article continues below this ad

Starfield has only 10 percent of life across 1,000+ planets, reveals Todd Howard

Todd Howard has been on a promotional campaign for his dream project. Following the Xbox Showcase earlier this month, he recently appeared in another session while explaining the details regarding the awaited game. This time, he interacted with the team of Kinda Funny Xcast. During this interview, the hosts asked him tons of questions about the much-anticipated Xbox exclusive.

Coming onto the part of its vastness and content, they asked Mr. Howard about what players can expect to do on over 1,000 planets of Starfield. The game director gave them clarity that although there are over a thousand planets, not all of them will have extra-deep details. That’s simply because they are procedurally generated.

Trending

Get instantly notified of the hottest stories via Google! Click on Follow Us and Tap the Blue Star.

Follow Us

Starfield Devs Take Pot-Shots at Sony and PlayStation 5 Amidst Microsoft-Activision Acquisition Drama

“There’s no way we’re going to go and handcraft an entire planet. What we do is we handcraft individual locations and some of those are placed specifically, obviously the main cities and other quest locations, “ he said.

ADVERTISEMENT

Article continues below this ad

Speaking about 1,000 planets, he said that only “about 10 percent of those planets have life on them”. However, Todd Howard also added that this small percentage doesn’t mean that the remaining 90 percent of the planets are not worth visiting. They are all very crucial in bringing the overall game to life.

WATCH THIS STORY | Starfield New Details Every Input From Todd Howard About Bethesda’s Upcoming Exclusive

ADVERTISEMENT

Article continues below this ad

Bethesda’s open-world title is releasing on September 6 for PC and Xbox Series X\S. What are your expectations for this highly awaited game of 2023? Also, are you disappointed to know that only ten percent of planets will have life on them? Let us know in the comments.

Images: Bethesda

SHARE THIS ARTICLE :

ADVERTISEMENT

Written by:

Mintu Tomar

2,763Articles

One take at a time

Mintu Tomar is a senior eSports writer at EssentiallySports, whose passion for video games is unmatched. With an impressive portfolio of over 1900 articles, Mintu is an expert in the coverage of Call of Duty. His extensive knowledge of the industry and insightful commentary have earned him the respect of many prominent figures, including actors, podcast hosts, and other important individuals in the gaming world.
Show More>

Edited by:

Akash Pandhare

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

EDITORS' PICK

America’s Favorite Video Today