feature-image

Reuters

feature-image

Reuters

REUTERS – Everton midfielder James McCarthy and right back Seamus Coleman have returned to first-team training, manager Roberto Martinez said on Tuesday.

Watch What’s Trending Now!

Coleman, who sustained a calf muscle strain in the 2-1 first leg League Cup semi-final victory over Manchester City on January 6, had been expected to be out for three to four weeks.

ADVERTISEMENT

McCarthy has played just once in the last eight weeks because of a groin problem.

They are unlikely to be risked in Sunday’s Premier League clash with 17th-placed Swansea City but could be involved in the second leg against Manchester City next week.

ADVERTISEMENT

“James McCarthy and Seamus Coleman are both progressing really well and I expect those two to be back in the squad after this full week,” Martinez told the club’s website (www.evertonfc.com).

(Reporting by Shravanth Vijayakumar in Bengaluru, editing by Ed Osmond)

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

Share this with a friend:

Link Copied!

ADVERTISEMENT

Written by

author-image

Dhruv George

14,858 Articles

Dhruv George is EssentiallySports’ foremost authority on motorsport and a founding member of the outlet’s NASCAR desk. A Journalism graduate fluent in English and French, he brings over eight years of motorsports journalism experience covering everything from high-octane NASCAR battles to the finesse of Formula 1 and MotoGP. His extensive paddock access has earned him exclusive interviews with top names such as F1’s Pierre Gasly and Moto2’s Tony Arbolino, cementing his reputation as a trusted voice among racing fans. Known for his candid opinions, Dhruv isn’t afraid to tackle contentious officiating calls, most recently defending Joey Logano after the DYL penalty in Phoenix. Before focusing on NASCAR as a Senior Writer, Dhruv contributed extensively to EssentiallySports’ coverage of F1 and NASCAR, building a versatile and impactful sports portfolio.

Know more

ADVERTISEMENT