Laurie Canter is keeping mum about LIV’s future. It’s been three days since LIV golfers met with the new lead investor at the Chatham Hills clubhouse in Westfield, Indiana. Many players, including Brendan Steele and Martin Kaymer, said that the environment during and after the meeting was positive. However, neither LIV Golf nor the golfers have yet revealed any information about the mystery investor. Laurie Canter has now taken that secrecy a notch further by dodging almost every question about the league’s future.

Watch What’s Trending Now!

NUCLR GOLF’s Garrett Johnson is at LIV Golf Indianapolis and has interviewed multiple LIV golfers. In a recent interview, Johnson asked Canter numerous questions about investors, new contracts, and LIV 2.0. But Canter dodged them all, saying that everyone is in “fact-finding mode.”

ADVERTISEMENT

Canter acknowledges that the meeting with the investor went well. But he again used the same fact-finding phrase when asked about clarity in discussions to make better decisions about their future. Despite all the uncertainty, he showed faith in the management. He said that everyone in management is trying their absolute best to make the transition to LIV 2.0 in 2027 as seamless as possible.

Johnson also asked about the rumors surrounding Jon Rahm’s departure from LIV Golf and Canter’s reaction. Like every other question, Canter dodged this one, too.

ADVERTISEMENT

“Well, I haven’t seen it. I don’t read the news. There’s so much stuff written, you know, like about, and having played LIV in 22 and 23, I like, and then coming back and playing here this year, I always find it funny. Like, because there’s constant noise, and frankly, there’s a lot of things get said that are utter rubbish. So, I don’t read much of it. I don’t pay any attention to it,” Canter told Johnson.

Johnson told him the crux of the news, but Canter said Rahm would be the right person to answer that. Since he had not heard or read the news, he didn’t answer clearly.

ADVERTISEMENT

That’s how LIV golfers’ relationships with the media have been in the past few days. Johnson asked Thomas Pieters the same question yesterday. But unlike Canter, the Belgian professional denied all the rumors. He said that the right attitude to such news is to swipe up and close the app. According to him, much of the information shared online is baseless rumor and has often proven wrong.

Earlier this week, Bryson DeChambeau also damaged his reputation with the media. When he saw a few reporters on the driving range at LIV Golf Indianapolis, he called them “mafia,” but that was not all. The following day, one of his team members removed Ryan French of Monday Q Info from the practice session. The reason for French’s removal, or whether DeChambeau ordered it or the member acted independently, remains unclear. However, the American professional called French later and had a long conversation with him, which the media member appreciated.

ADVERTISEMENT

That said, hopefully, O’Neil will give everyone a clearer picture in the coming days.

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT