The IPL finals 2019 is all set to start on Sunday evening. Mumbai Indians and Chennai Super Kings are all set for the clash of a record fourth IPL title. Mumbai already booked their place in the IPL finals 2019, defeating CSK in the qualifier 1 of the IPL playoffs 2019. While CSK reached the finals after beating Delhi Capitals in the qualifier 2, yesterday.
The two franchises will meet each other for a record 9th time in the history of IPL playoffs. The two teams have been the best teams in the history of IPL. The IPL finals 2019 is underway as the two most successful team of IPL is getting ready to make history.
IPL 2019 has made many new records. As the season progress to the end on Sunday, new records are about to be made. The IPL finals 2019 is expected to be a thrilling match as the other IPL finals have been. IPL finals 2019 is about to begin but let’s take a look at the interesting IPL finals facts.
- Delhi Capitals (Previously Delhi Daredevils) reached the IPL playoffs 2019 after 7 long years. It looked like DC might make it to the IPL finals 2019 but they failed to do so. DC is the only team in the history of IPL which has never played IPL finals. Delhi has reached the playoffs of IPL four times but failed to capitalize the opportunity to reach the finals.
- MS Dhoni has played the most number of IPL finals as a captain. He has led his team in the IPL finals 7 times since it’s beginning in 2008.
- Chennai Super Kings is undoubtedly one of the most successful teams in IPL. They have reached 8 IPL finals, most by any other teams in the history of IPL. They also reached the playoffs in as many seasons as they played.
- While CSK has played the most number of finals, they also lost the most number of finals. CSK played 7 finals till date, losing 4 of them, the most by any other team.
- MI and CSK have won the most number of IPL titles. The two have conquered 3 titles each.
- Rohit Sharma has been the part of the winning team, the most number of times. The right-handed batsman has been a part of the winning team four times, three of them coming with leading MI and one of them with Deccan Chargers in IPL 2009.
The fans hope for some new records in the IPL finals 2019. It will be interesting to see, which team will win the record fourth title in the IPL 2019 as MI takes on CSK at Hyderabad on Sunday.