Manchester city host Tottenham Hotspur at the Etihad stadium following the international break. This fixture is surely going to be a tough one for both the clubs.
Tottenham boss Pochettino says that he does not hold any significance to their last year’s result against City and is optimistic for the weekend clash. At the other end there is no verdict from Pellegrini prior to the fixture.
MATCH FACTS (AS PER BBC SPORT)
- Manchester City have won six of their last seven league meetings with Tottenham.
- Spurs lost 6-0 on their last trip to the Etihad Stadium in November 2013. That is their joint heaviest defeat in the Premier League.
- The last six Premier League games between these sides have produced 30 goals, five per game on average, with City scoring 22.
- Manchester City are winless in their last two home games in the league; they last went three without a victory back in November 2010 (L1, D2).
- They have scored in six out of their seven league matches this season.
- Manuel Pellegrini’s side have one more point than they did at this stage last year.
- Edin Dzeko has scored six goals in six Premier League games against Tottenham, while Sergio Aguero has netted five goals in five league appearances against Spurs.
- Tottenham have only won one of their previous five league matches.
- They have just three victories in their last 11 Premier League away matches (W3, D4, L4). Prior to this, they won five on the road in succession.
- Mauricio Pochettino’s side have failed to hold on to a lead in their last two away matches in the league.
- Nacer Chadli has been involved in five of Tottenham’s nine Premier League goals this season, with four goals and one assist.
Predicted line ups
Gk- Joe Hart; Defense- Sagna, Kompany, Mangala, Clichy; Midfield- Fernando, Lampard, Silva, Milner; Forward- Dzeko, Aguero.
Doubtful- Fernandinho (injury), Yaya toure (late arrival from international duty).
Gk- Lloris; Defense- Dier, Kaboul, Vertonghen, Rose; Midfield- Capoue, Mason, Lamela, Erikson, Chadli; Forward- Adebayor.
Doubtful- Lloris, Chadli. (Both are more than expected to be fit)
Absent- Kyle Naughton, Kyle Walker.
Score prediction- City to win 2-1.
OPERATIONS HEAD & Writer in Football Department.