Manchester United host Everton at Old Trafford this Sunday which is surely going to be a thrilling encounter.
Both the teams have had shaky starts to the season. United are struggling in the defense part of the team while Everton is lacking serious consistency and slipping away leads due to the individual errors. Both the teams are looking forward to win the match and a draw will probably help none.
Probable starting XI’s:
Manchester united:- Da Gea, Rafael, Mc Nair, Rojo, Shaw, Blind, Fletcher, Mata, Di Maria, Falcao, Van Persie (Captain).
Injuries:- Carrick, Evans, Lingard, Herrera, Smalling, Young.
Doubtful:- Jones, Fellaini.
Suspension :- Ronney (3 match ban).
Last five matches :- D D W L W.
Everton :- Howard, Coleman, Stones, Jagielka (Captain), Baines, Barry, Mcarthy, Eto, Lukaku, Mcgeady, Naismith.
Injuries :- Barkely, Mirallas.
Doubtful :- Pienaar, Distin.
Suspension :- none.
Last five matches :- D L W L D.
MATCH FACTS (as per BBC SPORT)
- Everton have won three of their last four games against Manchester United, all in the Premier League.
- That includes a 1-0 victory at Old Trafford last season – only their second in 22 Premier League games there.
- They are chasing a third successive league win against the Red Devils – a feat they last accomplished in 1921.
- The Red Devils are hoping to win back-to-back league games for the first time under Louis Van Gaal, and are chasing a third successive victory at Old Trafford.
- But Van Gaal will hope not to follow in the footsteps of Alex Ferguson and David Moyes because both of them lost their first Premier League home games against Everton as United boss.
- Radamel Falcao has more assists in his two league games for United (two) than he managed in the earlier three seasons (one).
- The Red Devils have already used 29 players in the Premier League this season – six more than any other team (before this weekend). They used 30 different players in the whole of 2013-14.
- The Toffees’ tally of six points from their opening six league games is their worst start to a season since 2010-11, when they had just three points at this stage.
- They have conceded 10 league goals in the second half of matches this season – the highest figure in the top flight prior to this weekend.
- They have lost 299 Premier League games – more than any other side.
- Phil Jagielka is set for his 250th Premier League appearance.
Prediction : Manchester united to win by a scoreline of 3- 2.