The ranking system of ATP has often been under the gun, with all the rules about defending the points can make some players suffer in rankings, while some can climb up within no time.
- The top 3 spots are held firmly by three of the BIG 4, but Rafael Nadal takes a huge dip down the table after his QF exit at the hands of Novak Djokovic at Roland Garros. Nadal even failed to win a single clay court title in the European Clay swing.
- The Czech Tomas Berdych is also having an odd season and can be seen slipping down the charts along with the Spaniard David Ferrer.
- The biggest achiever is the new French Open Champion Stanislas Wawrinka. Although the concern is whether or not he’ll be able to hold on to that fourth spot by the end of the year. He can easily be surpassed by the Japanese wonder kid Kei Nishikori, who has been pretty consistent this season.
- Rafa Nadal is expected to climb up a few spots if he has a decent Wimbledon. (Making the semifinal would earn him vital points.)
- The top 3 look poised to remain at their respective spots by the end of the grass season.
Watches tennis, cricket and football. Mostly tennis.