feature-image

Getty

feature-image

Getty

Earlier, Alex Bowman announced that he will miss his second consecutive NASCAR Cup race. At the Texas Motor Speedway, Bowman suffered from a pretty hefty hit to the back of his head. As a result, he was diagnosed with a concussion, thus ruling him out for the next race at Talladega. A week later, Hendrick Motorsports’ Rick Hendrick was confident that he would return, but Bowman quickly shot that down.

Watch What’s Trending Now!

Hendrick said, “After the race (at Texas Motor Speedway), (Alex Bowman) said he didn’t feel good. But it was Monday morning. I didn’t know anything because he stayed in the car. Then Monday morning he didn’t feel well. They started working with him Tuesday. Wednesday was good. He felt much better. Then Thursday he backed up, he didn’t feel good, so he went to see the doctor. I think hopefully he’ll be back next week. I think he will. He’s feeling good today and yesterday. I guess he’ll go back and get evaluated here midweek.”

ADVERTISEMENT

READ MORE: “F**king Gordon Won Again” – NASCAR Fans Joke as Absurd Picture from Dale Earnhardt Jr’s Favorite Track Emerges

Hendrick Motorsports legend Jimmie Johnson spoke about Alex Bowman

Recently, 7-time NASCAR Cup Series champion Jimmie Johnson spoke about Bowman. He praised the #48 driver for prioritizing his health and not rushing to get back in the car as soon as possible. Considering all the controversy about the Next Gen car and safety in NASCAR, it is good to see Bowman not taking any chances.

article-image

USA Today via Reuters

Johnson said, “His health being a high priority for him is the thing I’m most impressed with. I’ve talked to him a few times, I was with him last week. You just didn’t know how seriously he had taken this. The support he has from Hendrick Motorsports and from his sponsor, Ally. I’m really glad that he taken this time to make sure that he’s right.”

WATCH THIS STORY: Hendrick Motorsports Star Reveals Facing Similar Issue Exposed By Kevin Harvick’s Crew Chief in Rant at “Bullsh*t” NASCAR

With this though, Alex Bowman joins Kurt Busch and Cody Ware as a spectator. All three drivers suffered pretty violent accidents and fuelled the safety debate even more.

ADVERTISEMENT

Share this with a friend:

Link Copied!

ADVERTISEMENT

Written by

author-image

Dhruv George

14,858 Articles

Dhruv George is EssentiallySports’ foremost authority on motorsport and a founding member of the outlet’s NASCAR desk. A Journalism graduate fluent in English and French, he brings over eight years of motorsports journalism experience covering everything from high-octane NASCAR battles to the finesse of Formula 1 and MotoGP. His extensive paddock access has earned him exclusive interviews with top names such as F1’s Pierre Gasly and Moto2’s Tony Arbolino, cementing his reputation as a trusted voice among racing fans. Known for his candid opinions, Dhruv isn’t afraid to tackle contentious officiating calls, most recently defending Joey Logano after the DYL penalty in Phoenix. Before focusing on NASCAR as a Senior Writer, Dhruv contributed extensively to EssentiallySports’ coverage of F1 and NASCAR, building a versatile and impactful sports portfolio.

Know more

Edited by

editor-image

Pritam Priyedarshi

ADVERTISEMENT