fbpx
Now Reading
NASCAR Driver Martin Truex Jr Express His Opinion on Series’ ‘No Practice, No Qualifying’ Decision

NASCAR Driver Martin Truex Jr Express His Opinion on Series’ ‘No Practice, No Qualifying’ Decision

NASCAR

Martin Truex Jr. is currently in the 7th position on the 2020 NASCAR Cup Series championship. The 2017 NASCAR Cup Series Champion is having quite a nice championship so far.

He already has a spot booked for the playoffs as he won the 2020 Blue-Emu Maximum Pain Relief 500 in Martinsville. The NASCAR driver already has 6 top 10 finishes and 4 top 5 finishes in this season with Seven regular races remaining.

As there is no option of a Qualifying session, NASCAR is relying on random draws for the race lineup. Martin Truex Jr. drew 5th for the Super Start Batteries 400 at the Kansas Speedway. Martin had a phenomenal drive in his No. 19 Toyota.

However, Denny Hamlin won the race. Brad Keselowski was 2nd with Martin Truex Jr. in 3rd position and Harvick in 4th.

In a video by Bob Pockrass, Martin can be heard criticizing lack of practice as a reason for inconsistent performance.

He says, “For us and the no. 19 car, we got off-track there a little bit and tried a few things on the way. With no practice and no qualifying, you try a few things and get off a little bit, then you are off all weekend until you come back.

“So, honestly just trusting the no. 19.”

He also added: “We kind off went back to more stuff like we did last year and also the guys at the shop are working really hard to make cars faster.”

No Practice or Qualifying for the remaining NASCAR races

NASCAR on Tuesday announced that there will be no practice or qualifying sessions for the remaining NASCAR races. This move comes so as to minimize the number of personnel on the paddock on a particular race weekend.

“Following discussions with our race teams and the broader industry, NASCAR will continue to conduct its race weekends without practice and qualifying for the remainder of the 2020 season in all three national series,” said Scott Miller, NASCAR Senior Vice President of Competition.

He further added: “The current format has worked well in addressing several challenges during our return to racing. Most importantly, we have seen competitive racing week-to-week.

“NASCAR will adjust the starting lineup draw procedure for the Playoff races, and will announce the new process at a later date.”

ALSO READ- WATCH: Joey Logano Crashes on the Wall at Kansas, Takes Out Matt Di Benedetto

SOURCE- Bob Pockrass- Twitter, NASCAR.com, Martin Truex Jr.- Twitter

Scroll To Top