Home

NFL

“I Became Anemic”: 80 Percent Vegan Tom Brady’s Ex-Wife Gisele Bündchen Discusses Failed Attempt to Go Vegetarian

Published 03/20/2024, 2:04 AM EDT

Follow Us

via Imago

Gisele Bündchen is known for her splash on iconic Vogue covers and mesmerizing runway walks. But beyond the flashing cameras lies a lesser-known side of her life. Since she split with Tom Brady, Bündchen’s life now revolves around holistic living and mindful nourishment. A cookbook aptly titled “Nourish: Simple Recipes to Empower Your Body and Feed Your Soul” is her latest venture. While her former husband, Brady, is 80-vegan, Bündchen takes a more holistic look at food.

Since she rose to global fame as a supermodel when she was only 18 years old, Bündchen has captivated the audience. Although her transition into cooking may seem unexpected, her journey with food has been thoroughly personal. In one of her latest interviews, Bündchen shared her experience experimenting in her youth and the consequences, “When I was young, I was like, ‘Oh, my God, I love little animals. I don’t want to eat meat.’ I became anemic.”

ADVERTISEMENT

Article continues below this ad

However, she fought with her beliefs and eventually discovered an understanding of every detail of the produce. With an awakened philosophy, Bündchen stated, “For me, the whole thing about food has become, where is it coming from? How is it grown? It’s about having simple foods. I see my body as a temple. I don’t want to feel sluggish after I eat.” Her new goal is to guide others with an easy yet nutritious way of cooking food. Now that Bündchen’s diet has come to light, how can we forget the TB12 diet plan?

Dispelling myths about Tom Brady’s diet plan

ADVERTISEMENT

Article continues below this ad

Brady’s success — an unprecedented seven Super Bowl wins — can be primarily attributed to nutrition. Contrary to popular belief, the TB12 is not strictly vegan. Instead, he follows the 80/20 rule: plant-based foods take up 80% of his diet, and the remaining 20% comprises lean protein sources, including fish and chicken. With this, Brady himself clarifies that he is neither vegan nor vegetarian.

Trending

Get instantly notified of the hottest NFL stories via Google! Click on Follow Us and Tap the Blue Star.

Follow Us

According to sources, the NFL legend has made nutrition an inevitable part of his daily routine. He begins his day at 6am by drinking 20 ounces of water infused with electrolytes. Following this, his breakfast comprises a high-protein, high-calorie smoothie blended with fruits and nuts. With this, Brady ensures he does not consume solid food until his workout concludes at around 11am. The former quarterback goes by the rule of thumb to consume only whole foods and avoid packaged foods.

ADVERTISEMENT

Article continues below this ad

Even though Brady and Bündchen have parted ways, they have prioritized self-growth. With Bündchen’s new book all set to release, it will continue to inspire us to remain steadfast in our commitment to personal evolution and embracing simplicity in nourishment.

SHARE THIS ARTICLE :

Written by:

Soheli Tarafdar

1,043Articles

One take at a time

Soheli Tarafdar is an NFL writer at EssentiallySports. Soheli is fascinated by the fusion of teamwork, those split-second decisions, and the raw physical power of football athletes. She loves decoding the locker room rumors, the cryptic posts, and the behind-the-scenes drama brewing in the college football world.
Show More>

Edited by:

Shubhankar Adhikari