feature-image
feature-image

LONDON (Reuters) – Norwich City have signed Scotland striker Steven Naismith from Everton on a three-and-a-half-year deal, the Premier League clubs said on Tuesday.

Watch What’s Trending Now!

The fee was undisclosed, although British media reports said Norwich had agreed to pay around 8 million pounds ($11.33 million) for the player.

ADVERTISEMENT

The 29-year-old joined Everton from Scottish side Rangers in 2012 and scored 25 goals, which included a match-winning hat-trick against Chelsea earlier this season, in 123 appearances for the Merseyside club.

Naismith, who has 41 Scotland caps, had started only four Premier League games this season and had not played since Dec. 28.

ADVERTISEMENT

“Norwich have displayed class in the way they’ve done their business all the way through. They’ve shown how much they wanted me, which is great, and I’m delighted to be here,” Naismith said on the Norwich website (www.canaries.co.uk).

He will be immediately thrown into the cut and thrust of a relegation battle with Norwich two points above the drop zone after a 3-0 defeat to Bournemouth on Saturday.

ADVERTISEMENT

“He’s a proven performer at Premier League level and an established international with Scotland so arrives with excellent pedigree,” Norwich manager Alex Neil said.

($1 = 0.7059 pounds)

ADVERTISEMENT

(Reporting by Toby Davis; editing by Justin Palmer)

ADVERTISEMENT

Share this with a friend:

Link Copied!

ADVERTISEMENT

Written by

author-image

Dhruv George

14,858 Articles

Dhruv George is EssentiallySports’ foremost authority on motorsport and a founding member of the outlet’s NASCAR desk. A Journalism graduate fluent in English and French, he brings over eight years of motorsports journalism experience covering everything from high-octane NASCAR battles to the finesse of Formula 1 and MotoGP. His extensive paddock access has earned him exclusive interviews with top names such as F1’s Pierre Gasly and Moto2’s Tony Arbolino, cementing his reputation as a trusted voice among racing fans. Known for his candid opinions, Dhruv isn’t afraid to tackle contentious officiating calls, most recently defending Joey Logano after the DYL penalty in Phoenix. Before focusing on NASCAR as a Senior Writer, Dhruv contributed extensively to EssentiallySports’ coverage of F1 and NASCAR, building a versatile and impactful sports portfolio.

Know more

ADVERTISEMENT