feature-image

Reuters

feature-image

Reuters

MADRID (Reuters) – Paris St Germain have no intention of letting Real Madrid dictate play when they meet in a potentially decisive Champions League Group A game at the Santiago Bernabeu on Tuesday, according to coach Laurent Blanc.

Watch What’s Trending Now!

Both teams — unbeaten this season — played out a 0-0 draw at the Parc des Princes last time, leaving them with seven points from three matches, and Tuesday’s winner will be highly likely to top a group also featuring Shakthar Donetsk and Malmo.

ADVERTISEMENT

“We respect our opponent but we are ambitious and have come here to impose our game. We have the technical and physical resources to get the win,” Blanc told a news conference on Monday.

“They were better than us with possession and played faster in Paris. Tomorrow’s match will be different. Real Madrid were well organised and showed a good defence in Paris. We didn’t reach their level but our game was solid.”

ADVERTISEMENT

PSG welcome back centre back David Luiz but they will be without Argentine Javier Pastore, who was ruled out with conjunctivitis, and Marquinhos who has a thigh problem.

“We still have some injury problems but Madrid are in the same situation. A 0-0 draw won’t be enough,” said Blanc, referring to Real’s slightly better goal difference.

ADVERTISEMENT

Blanc, however, played down the importance of a possible victory in Madrid.

“It would be a privilege to beat Real Madrid but it wouldn’t mean anything for the future,” he said.

ADVERTISEMENT

“Last year we defeated Barcelona in the group stage and didn’t reach the semi-finals.”

PSG were knocked out in the quarter-finals of the Champions League in the last three editions.

ADVERTISEMENT

(Writing by Julien Pretot in Paris; Editing by Mark Meadows)

ADVERTISEMENT

Share this with a friend:

Link Copied!

ADVERTISEMENT

Written by

author-image

Dhruv George

14,858 Articles

Dhruv George is EssentiallySports’ foremost authority on motorsport and a founding member of the outlet’s NASCAR desk. A Journalism graduate fluent in English and French, he brings over eight years of motorsports journalism experience covering everything from high-octane NASCAR battles to the finesse of Formula 1 and MotoGP. His extensive paddock access has earned him exclusive interviews with top names such as F1’s Pierre Gasly and Moto2’s Tony Arbolino, cementing his reputation as a trusted voice among racing fans. Known for his candid opinions, Dhruv isn’t afraid to tackle contentious officiating calls, most recently defending Joey Logano after the DYL penalty in Phoenix. Before focusing on NASCAR as a Senior Writer, Dhruv contributed extensively to EssentiallySports’ coverage of F1 and NASCAR, building a versatile and impactful sports portfolio.

Know more

ADVERTISEMENT