REPORTS: Rafael Nadal Tranfers His Age-Old Account From Banco Sabadell

Published 08/19/2020, 7:15 AM EDT


World No.2 Rafael Nadal is making some drastic changes in his capital investment company- Growth Inversions. The company is responsible for Rafa’s investment and is worth 43.6 million. And now the assets of the company have been transferred to a new bank.

ADVERTISEMENT

Article continues below this ad

The company’s assets were being handled by Banco Sabadell since 1999 when the company started. But last year Nadal was named the brand ambassador of Banco Santander. And so now as reported by Okdiario, Santander will handle the company’s assets and some of Nadal’s personal assets.

ADVERTISEMENT

Article continues below this ad

Rafael Nadal and his family first worked with Banco Sabadell in 1999

The investment company invests in investment funds, fixed income, and external equities. 95% of its equity is invested outside Spain, while only the remaining 5% is invested in national assets, of which only 1% is on the Spanish Stock Exchange.

On the internal core, Nadal’s father Sebastian Nadal has been removed as the president of the company. Rocío Aterido Galdón will be replacing him.

Notably, Rafael Nadal has his academy as well. And recently he expanded his academy to Kuwait.

Nadal is not the only one who is investing in different places. His rival Roger Federer last year invested in the Swiss sneaker brand On. And in June he collaborated with the brand to develop and release a new series of sneakers.

ADVERTISEMENT

Article continues below this ad

Nadal’s fans will have to wait to see the Spaniard back on the court. Tennis is returning after the mid-season break induced by the pandemic. But Nadal has decided to not travel to the US where the Cincinnati Open and US Open will resume the season. The coronavirus is still very much present in the United States and so he isn’t comfortable with going there.

ADVERTISEMENT

Article continues below this ad

As these players are close to retiring, they will want to secure their future. And so investment in various things could bear fruits and help them after their retirement.

SHARE THIS ARTICLE :

Bhavishya Mittal

1068 articles

Bhavishya Mittal is a tennis author for EssentiallySports, who is currently pursuing his Bachelor's degree in Journalism from Manipal University. A former sports editor for The Manipal Journal, Bhavishya has also worked for The New Indian Express. He has a keen eye for many sports but he is a particularly ardent follower of tennis, with a zest to create riveting articles on the ever-evolving sport.

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT