The first month of the Premier League 2019/20 went by in an exciting fashion. It has witnessed some amazing football matches, a few expected results, a few upsets, all topped by a few thrilling contests. VAR was the talking point from well before the beginning of the season and it overturned a goal in the first week of the season before adding to the drama in the match between Manchester City and Tottenham Hotspurs.
The month also a saw a barrage of balls go past the goalkeeper- a few in a silly manner, a few that were expected to go in and a few in the most spectacular of fashions. A good number of goals coming in the “outstanding” category has been thrilling to watch, but to pick one out of them would be difficult.
There have been quite a few goals in the month of August, which can be a contender for the Premier League goal of the month award. From Sadio Mane’s effort against his former club Southampton to Harry Wilson’s spectacular free kick against Manchester City.
If you are to pick a winner, it is one of the most difficult jobs, but if you are asked to watch the goals, there are very few sights as mesmerizing.
Watch a recap of all the contenders for the Premier League goal of the month for August:
The players who could win the award-
- Sadio Mane – Southampton vs Liverpool, August 17
- Teemu Pukki – Norwich vs Newcastle, August 17
- Douglas Luiz – Aston Villa vs Bournemouth, August 17
- Ruben Neves – Wolves vs Manchester United, August 19
- Moussa Djenepo – Brighton vs Southampton, August 24
- Daniel James – Manchester United vs Crystal Palace, August 24
- Harvey Barnes – Sheffield United vs Leicester, August 24
- Harry Wilson – Bournemouth vs Manchester City, August 25
- Jamie Vardy – Leicester vs Bournemouth, August 31
- Daniel James – Southampton vs Manchester United, August 31