The WTA Rankings
Published 06/16/2015, 4:58 AM EDT
The topsy-turvy Women’s WTA Ranking table.
Article continues below this ad
- The mighty American tops the chart as expected, having won the last three majors.
- The former Wimbledon Champion Kvitova has displaces Maria Sharapova from the second spot.
- The Russian who was the defending champion at RG lost significant points to drop down to the fourth spot.
- Ana Ivanovic and the RG finalist Safarova are the biggest gainers this month.
- Serena would enter THE CHAMPIONSHIPS as the favorite and should see the year off as the world number one.
- It’ll be a tough fight between Masha and Halep for the third spot. The inconsistency of Kvitova can even cost her the second spot to Halep or Sharapova.