Summer Transfer windows are always a hectic business. These are times when clubs across the continent are looking for opportunities to strengthen their teams and buy the brightest talent available. While there is more than a month to go for the window to end and it can be safely said that majority of the activity hasn’t occurred yet, there have still been some major deals that have gone through. We take a look at the top 10 so far.
10) Victor Lindelof to Manchester United- (£31m) Despite Eric Bailly turning out to be a fabulous signing for Jose Mourinho’s side, his partner in defense remained a problem for United throughout the season. Hence quite expectedly, a Centre back was on top of their wish list. The answer has come in young Swedish center back Victor Lindelof from Benfica. Lindelof has earned a good reputation for himself and Manchester United would hope that he can prove his mettle in the premier league.
9) Andre Silva to AC Milan- (£33.5m)- Under new ownership from China, AC Milan have been tremendously active this summer. One of their most impressive signings has to be that of Portuguese Striker Andre Silva. He has impressed a lot at Porto and literally set the stage on fire with the national team. He could be an investment with the looks of things that Milan could reap rich rewards for in the years to come.
8) Ederson to Manchester City- (£34.9m)- A historic transfer as it is one that makes Ederson the highest paid goalkeeper of all time. It is probably one of massive importance to Manchester City. With Pep Guardiola’s move to offload Joe Hart and signing Claudio Bravo turning out to be a major disaster, the former Barcelona manager would desperately hope that his latest and more expensive sweeper keeper singing turns to a hit.
7) Tolliso to Bayern Munich- (£36.4m)- The current crop of French footballers seems to filled with quality players and one of them emerging through has been Corentien Tolliso. In his time at Lyon, he builds quite a reputation as a complete midfielder. The German Champions could quite possible have signed one of the best midfielders in the world.
6) Mohamed Salah to Liverpool- (£36.9)- Coming back for a second crack at the premier league, Mohammed Salah has become Liverpool’s all time record signing. While he failed at Chelsea (or wasn’t given sufficient game time) the Egyptian has impressed one and all with his exploits for Roma in the Serie A. Liverpool would like to believe that he is a much-improved player to his time at Chelsea and can give their already impressive attack even more exploits.
5) Tiemoue Bakayoko to Chelsea-(£39.7m)- A solid part of the Monaco team that remarkably won the league. Chelsea would be hoping that with fellow Frenchmen Ngolo Kante, they can form a solid partnership in midfield which is something that turns out to be very tough to get past for opponents.
4)Bernando Silva to Manchester City-(£43.6m)- Another highely soughted member of the talented Monaco team making his move to the premier league.The Portuguese represent a quicker version of another Silva in the team. Pep Guardiola has another incredibly talented attacking option to go to.
3)Alexandre Lacazette to Arsenal-(£46m)-Arsenal fans finally got the marquee striker signing they have been asking for years. It has come at the cost of Arsenal breaking their all time transfer record. If Lacazette can become the week in and week out goal poacher Arsenal have been missing ever since Robin Van Persie left the club, it would be moeny well spent.
2)Romelu Lukaku to Manchester United-(£75m)- Without a doubt the transfer saga of the summer. The Belgian looked all set for a return to Chelsea. It had a sense of inevitability to it. But the slow paced dealing of the blues and agent Mino Riola’s influence led to Manchester United making a quick move for the striker and getting his services. Only time will tell about how costly this would prove for Chelsea.
1)Leonardo Bonucci to AC Milan-(£35.2m)- The most shocking move of the summer. The Italian center back was the heart of a sensational Juventus back line. In his 7 years at the club, he has been a key ingredient in the old lady winning 6 consecutive league titles . While there was interest from England, it could never materialise. But a fall out with coach Allegri and the player’s wish to remain in Italy due to family issues has resulted in a bonanza deal for the high flying AC Milan.