All the latest rumors, news and stories from the top leagues in the world from this January transfer window.
1. William Carvalho: Reports from the newspaper, Liverpool Echo suggest that the club have sent officials to Portugal to negotiate a move for the Sporting Lisbon midfielder. The Euro 2016 winner with Portugal, now 23, has been linked with English club Arsenal for a fairly long time. Carvalho is in contract with Sporting till 2020 but reports from Portuguese newspapers say that Sporting are willing to listen to offers in excess of £25mil.
2. Harry Kane: “Leaving Spurs would be stupid” was what Kane had to say to Italian newspaper Gazzetta dello Sport. Harry Kane, who recently completed a century of Premier League appearances, believes that the current Tottenham setup has a promising future and joined Christian Erisken, Dele Alli, Kyle Walker, Danny Rose, Eric Dier and Jan Vertonghen by putting pen to paper in December. Kane also believes Mauricio Pochettino to be one of the best managers in the world. He has continuously been linked with all the major clubs in the Premiership and also with Real Madrid.
3. Patrick van Aanholt: According to recent transfer news, Crystal Palace look to seal the deal for the Sunderland defender some time this week, according to the London Evening Standard. Sam Allardyce looks to reunite with the left back who has impressed this season, even when Sunderland haven’t been performing. In 21 appearances, the left back has done good work defensively and to top that, has also scored 3 times. An initial fee of £9mil is rumored as the offer made by The Eagles.
4. Ashley Young: Man Utd winger, Ashley Young, has handed in a loan request to coach Jose Mourinho in hopes of seeing some minutes on the pitch, DailyMail says. The 31-year-old has not started a game for United since November. There has been interest from China for the Englishman with Super League side Shandong Luneng having approached the club for his signature. But Mou still has plans for Young as he wants to feature him in his bid for the Europa and FA Cup. Prem sides West Ham, WBA, Watford, Swansea and Crystal Palace are all rumored to be interested in the player.
5. Fikayo Tomori: Championship side Brighton Hove & Albion have signed Chelsea and England Under-20 defender, Fikayo Tomori on loan until the end of the season. Chris Hughton, coach of The Seagulls, said that the player will be a good defensive cover for the first-team for the second half of the season. The 19-year-old has already made his debut for Chelsea, featuring in the game against Leicester City on the final day of last season.