- Arsenal have launched a £30m bid for Napoli’s Gonzalo Higuaín. With Napoli missing out on Champions League Football for the upcoming season, The Gunners feel they can now successfully lure him to the Emirates. Higuaín, who was heavily linked to the Gunners 2 years ago, has scored 53 goals in 102 appearances in all competitions for SSC Napoli in 2 seasons.
- Schalke defender Benedikt Howedes has hinted that he’d be open to a move to Arsenal.The World Cup winner has been linked with a move to The Emirates and German magazine Kicker claim an offer has already been made.He said: “If I am to leave Schalke one day, I do not want to move clubs within the Bundesliga. Schalke is too close to my heart to do so.”But a move abroad at a certain time would be worth an experience. England would be my goal.”
This is excellent news for Arsenal, who have been shorthanded in the defense this season despite finishing 3rd, their best league position in 3 years, and have successfully defended their FA Cup. The gunners defence has additionally been weakened by injuries to key defenders throughout the season.
- Other newspaper sources suggest that Arsenal are lining up a £85 million transfer spree this summer, bringing in Aturo Vidal, Petr Cech, Morgan Schneiderlin and Jackson Martinez. Vidal who may play his final game with Juventus in the Champions League final, would command a fee in the region of £28.5 million. His representative, who also represents Alexis Sanchez, held transfer talks with Arsenal after attending the FA Cup victory of the Gunners.
- Jackson Martinez has confirmed he will leave Porto in the summer, While Schneirderlin, a target been tracked by the Gunners craves Champions League football, the Gunners will face competition from arch rivals Manchester United for his signature. Petr Cech will be making the move across London to have first team football, as the Gunners want to improve their Goalkeepers. There are not many as good as Cech who has at least 5-6 good years left in him. Wenger is also keeping track on Geoffrey Kondogbia who has had a fine season with A.S. Monaco. He is also being scouted by Inter Milan and Manchester City.
- Arsenal Winger, Wellington Silva confirmed his desire to break into the Arsenal first team. He has been on loan as he waited to qualify for a European work permit but has a passport, he can play in England. He has however confirmed, there are other Premier League clubs interested in him. He told ESPN: “Of course, I want to be with Arsenal, but if I must be loaned again, I have no problem with that. There are two clubs in England that have already spoken with my agent, so I know I have those two options. I would like to play in England now, even if it isn’t for Arsenal, because I would like to learn more about the playing style there and get used to the league and the colder climate. I hope to show my potential.”
- Athletico Bilbao Club president Josu Urrutia has admitted the club would be interested in signing Nacho Monreal from Arsenal, claiming the full-back ‘would sportingly improve’ the team.Monreal has one-year left to run on his deal at the Emirates Stadium.
Sports is such an amazing passion. A content writer of NBA