
Imago
Image via Imago

Imago
Image via Imago

Imago
Image via Imago

Imago
Image via Imago
Former two-division champion Conor McGregor has been campaigning for a spot on the UFC White House card. While it remains to be seen whether ‘The Mac’ will get his wish, his long-awaited return to action is all but confirmed. Hours ago, the Irish MMA star took to X with a revealing update.
Watch What’s Trending Now!
“I have been offered an opponent and a date, and I accept. Waiting on my contract,” McGregor wrote on X.
The post didn’t stay up for long, though. Realizing he may have shared too much about his comeback plans, Conor McGregor quickly deleted the tweet. By then, however, screenshots had already begun circulating, as media outlets captured the message before it disappeared.
🚨| BREAKING: Conor McGregor says he has accepted a fight and is waiting on a contract. 👀✍️
Who should McGregor face in his return? 🤔 pic.twitter.com/MMYPq9WSf0
— MMA Orbit (@mma_orbit) February 18, 2026
McGregor had previously expressed interest in facing rival Michael Chandler on the UFC White House card scheduled for June 14. But UFC CEO Dana White swiftly shut down the possibility. Other opponents have also been floated for ‘The Mac,’ but there’s no confirmation on who the opponent is.
He also may have deleted the tweet because of claims he made in January. ‘The Notorious’ claimed his contract with UFC is now void because of the promotion’s new $7.7 billion broadcast deal with Paramount. And they will have to draw up a new one before moving forward.
The 37-year-old had previously stated that contract negotiations were expected to take place in February, and McGregor’s since-deleted tweet may have been linked to that timeline. However, Dana White publicly dismissed McGregor’s claims, leaving the true status of his contract unclear.
In the meantime, though, this UFC legend has claimed the promotion is using Conor McGregor as bait.
Is Dana White using Conor McGregor to hype up the UFC White House card?
As the UFC prepares for its historic White House event, the promotion has yet to announce any confirmed bouts. But the card is already being billed as the biggest event ever. President Donald Trump had previously claimed that there would be eight to nine title fights on the card.
While Dana White hasn’t denied McGregor’s presence on the card, he hasn’t confirmed it either. This has led UFC legend Matt Brown to question the promotion’s intentions.
“They’re using him to promote it and using his name to get out there. He’s not fighting on that s—t, bro,” Brown said. “Even if that is signed and a done deal, I’m not gonna believe it until he’s inside the Octagon and a punch is thrown.”
Alongside McGregor, almost everyone has thrown their names into the hat to be chosen for the White House card. Although Dana White has previously claimed they have started working on the card, only time will tell whether Conor McGregor is part of it. Who do you think he is fighting?

