“Doesn’t Make Any Sense” – Donald Cerrone Responds to Ugly Allegations Made Against Dan Bilzerian by UFC Star Anthony Smith

Published 05/27/2022, 4:20 AM EDT

Prior to his upcoming fight, UFC legend Donald Cerrone has found himself in the middle of allegations made by UFC fighter Anthony Smith. ‘Lion Heart’ accused Cerrone and Dan Bilzerian of pushing his mom and his grandma out of their seats when the former fought Jon Jones for the UFC light heavyweight title. Cerrone took to his Instagram and responded to these allegations.

ADVERTISEMENT

Article continues below this ad

LAS VEGAS, NEVADA – SEPTEMBER 19: Donald Cerrone prepares to fight Niko Price in their welterweight bout during the UFC Fight Night event at UFC APEX on September 19, 2020 in Las Vegas, Nevada. (Photo by Chris Unger/Zuffa LLC)

Responding to the allegations, Cerrone, on his Instagram story, said, “Okay, Anthony Smith. You are way the f**k off bro. I can’t believe you put a story out there three years after your fight saying me and Dan threw your mom and your grandma out of their seats.”

ADVERTISEMENT

Article continues below this ad

He further added, “First of all, I had tickets in Dana’s section, two seats. Nobody was in those. But your story doesn’t make any sense because you’re saying Dan was drunk, Dan doesn’t drink. “

“And then your are saying that your parents saw him looking at p**n so he threw them out of their seat but then they were still sitting somewhere else. I don’t understand your story. And how were they even have got into that section? Because that’s not just a section that people can get tickets to.” 

“So you got a lot of holes in your story. I don’t understand but; I have also seen you since the fight and you never once said anything to me. So, you just wanna go on. ” 

DIVE DEEPER

‘The Best Thing I Ever Did’- Donald Cerrone Reveals How RDA Helped Him Immensely

over 1 year ago

While Cerrone takes out the time to respond to these allegations by Smith, the UFC legend will be busy preparing for his return to the famed UFC octagon.

The next challenge for Donald Cerrone

Since his loss to Alex Morono, Donald Cerrone is yet to fight in the UFC octagon. The ‘Cowboy’ was set to face Joe Lauzon in the lightweight division at UFC 274. However, Cerrone had to withdraw from the bout. Cerrone suffered from food poisoning and hence could not compete at UFC 274.

ADVERTISEMENT

Article continues below this ad

Since then, the fight has now been moved to UFC Fight Night: Kattar vs Emmett. This fight will serve as the co-main event. Going into the fight, Cerrone has lost four out of his five fights with one fight being a no contest. On the other hand, Lauzon has lost three out of his last five fights and has racked up two wins.

The upcoming fight between the two will be an interesting one, especially for Cerrone. ‘Cowboy’ will be looking to get back to winning was as he reaches towards the end of his career. The UFC legend in a post announced that he has two more fights left on his contract, after which he will look to bow out from the sport.

ADVERTISEMENT

Article continues below this ad

Watch This Story: Conor McGregor’s Super Human Transformation After the Horrific Injury at UFC 264

Whoever wins the fight in June, the fans will be the real winners as they get to experience it in all its magnificence. Let us know your thoughts on the saga and on who you think will win between Cerrone and Lauzon in the comments down below.

SHARE THIS ARTICLE :

ADVERTISEMENT

Varun Bhat

349 articles

Varun Anand Bhat is an MMA writer at EssentiallySports. Not only does he train in MMA but he is also a certified judge, which gives him valuable insight while writing content. The fight between Conor Mcgregor & Eddie Alvarez at UFC 205 was responsible for making him interested in the sport of MMA.

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

EDITORS' PICK