How Much Does $200 Million Worth Conor McGregor Earn From the Maclife? Is He the Owner?

Published 06/20/2022, 10:30 AM EDT
MOSCOW, RUSSIA – OCTOBER 24, 2019: Former UFC lightweight champion, Irish mixed martial artist Conor McGregor, gives a press conference. Stanislav Krasilnikov/TASS (Photo by Stanislav KrasilnikovTASS via Getty Images)

Conor McGregor, the former two-weight UFC champion, is undoubtedly one of the greatest fighters in the history of the sport. Once worked as a plumber during his initial days, ‘The Notorious’ has now made himself a fortune through the sport.

ADVERTISEMENT

Article continues below this ad

Now, the Irish star flaunts a net worth of over $200 million according to the Celebrity Networth, which has made him one of the richest athletes on the planet.

ADVERTISEMENT

Article continues below this ad

Besides living a flamboyant lifestyle, McGregor wisely uses his hard-earned money by investing in several entrepreneurial ventures. One of those ventures is The MacLife.

What is The MacLife?

The MacLife is a media house owned by the former UFC lightweight champion McGregor. The media house mainly focuses on the Irish star. However, it also covers other MMA news, sports, lifestyle, health, and fitness.

MOSCOW, RUSSIA – OCTOBER 24, 2019: Former UFC lightweight champion, Irish mixed martial artist Conor McGregor, gives a press conference. Stanislav Krasilnikov/TASS (Photo by Stanislav KrasilnikovTASS via Getty Images)

The McGregor-owned media house has one column solely dedicated to the Dublin native. Besides the website, the media house also has its own YouTube channel with over 1.20 million subscribers. And also a verified Instagram page with 800k followers.

Who is the owner of The MacLife?

Dubbed after McGregor, The MacLife media house has two owners, according to the reports. The company is owned by UFC star McGregor and his childhood friend Lee Dunphy, who is also the co-founder.

 

View this post on Instagram

 

A post shared by Lee Dunphy (@dunphstagram)

However, per reports, most of the shares in the company are owned by ‘The Notorious’ which is 76%, remaining 24% of shares are owned by his lifelong friend Dunphy.

WATCH THIS STORY: What’s Next For Jiri Prochazka After A Last Minute Win Over Glover Teixeira at UFC 275

How much does Conor McGregor make from The MacLife?

Besides fighting in the UFC, ‘Mystic Mac’ has various other sources of income. One of them is his media house, The MacLife. Despite starting late in the fight industry, The MacLife has become one of the leading media outlets.

The media house has its own website, and hence, generates profits through advertisements. Moreover, The MacLife has 1.29 million subscribers and over 700 hundred views, which becomes another major source of income.

DIVE DEEPER

All of Conor McGregor’s Fights Outside the Octagon

over 1 year ago

Furthermore, the McGregor-owned media house has near to a million followers on Instagram and also their own app available on iTunes and Google play store. Hence, The MacLife makes relatively good figures through advertisement. However, there is no exact number available about the earnings.

What else does Conor McGregor own?

Besides, the media house, The MacLife, Conor McGregor, owns numerous other entrepreneurial ventures.

One of the biggest and most profitable business ventures of ‘The Notorious’ is the Proper No. Twelve Irish Whiskey brand. However, in April 2021, McGregor sold most of the Proper No. Twelve to Proximo Spirits.

ADVERTISEMENT

Article continues below this ad

ABU DHABI, UNITED ARAB EMIRATES – JANUARY 23: Conor McGregor of Ireland arrives prior to his fight during the UFC 257 event inside Etihad Arena on UFC Fight Island on January 23, 2021 in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates. (Photo by Chris Unger/Zuffa LLC)

The always stylish McGregor also owns a clothing brand in partnership with a big-name tailor, David August Heil. His clothing brand is called August McGregor. The brand makes custom premium and luxury menswear.

WATCH THIS STORY: Everything You Need To Know About Jorge Masvidals Highly Touted Training Partner Bo Nickal

ADVERTISEMENT

Article continues below this ad

Further on, the UFC star also has his own fitness program that has its website and app called The McGregor Fast. He also recently co-launched a therapeutic spray brand called TIDL Sport that promotes sports recovery. ‘The Notorious’ also owns a sports management company called McGregor Sports and Entertainment.

What do you guys think about McGregor’s multiple businesses? Let us know in the comments section below.

SHARE THIS ARTICLE :

ADVERTISEMENT

Afnan Chougle

804 articles

Afnan Chougle is a UFC author at EssentiallySports. Besides writing, this Media graduate is an integral part of the digital web stories team for combat sports. Before joining EssentiallySports, Afnan gained valuable experience as an intern at Jiostudios Production House.

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT