
via Imago
Credits: IMAGO

via Imago
Credits: IMAGO
“I humbly say one win changes everything,” said Tony Ferguson after ending his losing streak at Misfits 22, and yes, things have changed for ‘El Cucuy’. The former UFC fighter scored a TKO win over Salt Papi, although the latter claims it was an early stoppage. That win has opened the doors for discussions about Ferguson’s next opponent, with a reporter recently bringing Conor McGregor’s name up.
Tony Ferguson, when he was in his prime in the UFC, was always looking for the biggest and toughest fights. He wanted Conor McGregor calling him out several times, but to no avail. But as the saying goes, it’s never too late, and that’s what a reporter at the post-fight presser wanted to know. Is Ferguson considering a boxing match against McGregor? Well, the former UFC lightweight interim champion appears to be all in on the idea, but he’s not sure that ‘The Notorious’ wants anything to do with him. Moreover? He even dragged Khabib Nurmagomedov into his statement.
“He’s scared s–tless of me. That dude doesn’t want to fight me. Same thing with that coward, Khabieber,” Tony Ferguson told the media. “These are the two fighters that I’ve loved, wanted to fight. I got dossier on both of them. They scared the s–t out of them, and you know what? They just don’t want a part of it.”
ADVERTISEMENT
Article continues below this ad

via Imago
MMA: UFC 246-McGregor vs Cerrone January 18, 2020 Las Vegas, Nevada, USA Conor McGregor holds an Irish flag as he celebrates his first round TKO victory against Donald Cerrone following UFC 246 at T-Mobile Arena. Las Vegas T-Mobile Arena Nevada USA, EDITORIAL USE ONLY PUBLICATIONxINxGERxSUIxAUTxONLY Copyright: xMarkxJ.xRebilasx 14303126
Well, Conor McGregor hasn’t fought since his last UFC fight in 2021, and even when he was scheduled to make a comeback last year, it fell apart at the very last minute of UFC 303. So, the chances of him fighting someone are slim. However, the Irishman has his eyes on making it onto the UFC White House card, which is taking place next year on the 4th of July. And while Dana White hasn’t confirmed anything yet, McGregor has someone calling him out for a fight on that card.
ADVERTISEMENT
Article continues below this ad
Nate Diaz wants Conor McGregor at the White House
The Stockton native has been calling for a fight against his most popular foe in the UFC for a long time now. Nate Diaz and Conor McGregor fought in two of the biggest fights that Dana White and Co. have had to offer so far in the promotion’s 30-year history, so the financial prospects of making a trilogy fight look great. However, Diaz isn’t so sure that it happens, although he wants it, and the White House is the venue he’s looking for.
ADVERTISEMENT
Article continues below this ad
“Yeah, for sure [I want the trilogy fight against Conor McGregor]. Yeah [at the White House]. We’ll see what happens. Time will tell, guys,” Nate Diaz told ClickedNloaded. Well, the first issue is that Diaz isn’t signed with the UFC at the moment, so the potential fight against Conor McGregor is in a doubtful place. On the other hand, as we’ve mentioned already, there is the doubt surrounding McGregor ever fighting again as well.
But on the bright side, Dana White mentioned a couple of years ago that Nate Diaz can always come back to the UFC, which is his home. In the meantime, it was a great night for Tony Ferguson, who registered a thunderous win following a winless drought that lasted for over six years. Now, who do you think ‘El Cucuy’ should fight next? Drop your comments below.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT