Home

UFC

“From What I Was Told”: Brock Lesnar Once Backed Down from a Massive Big Money Fight Against UFC Legend Who Embarrassed Him

Published Oct 12, 2022 | 5:30 PM EDT

Follow Us

via Getty

Brock Lesnar had a short but exciting career in MMA. He won the Heavyweight Championship in just his third bout in the promotion and was a big-money draw. He dominated the octagon as champion. However, Lesnar’s start in UFC wasn’t perfect. ‘The Beast’ was tamed in his debut match by UFC Legend Frank Mir.

Lesnar did exact revenge on Mir at UFC 100 when he beat him to become the Undisputed UFC Heavyweight Champion.

After this fight, fans anticipated a third bout to complete the trilogy, with each fighter having scored a win. Unfortunately, we never got to see Lesnar vs Mir III.

ADVERTISEMENT

Article continues below this ad

Frank Mir recently opened up on the possibility of a third matchup between the two heavyweights inside the octagon.

Frank Mir revealed why a third fight with Brock Lesnar didn’t happen

During his time in UFC, Brock Lesnar enjoyed a heated rivalry with the likes of Frank Mir and Cain Velasquez.

It was Mir who welcomed Lesnar to the UFC, submitting him at UFC 81, in 2008. Fast forward a year later and ‘The Beast Incarnate’ was on a different level. He met Mir again, this time as UFC Heavyweight Champion.

Trending

Joe Rogan Wants to Make MMA Difficult After Dana White Told to Remove Cage From UFC Fights – “Better if It Was Like a Basketball Court”

‘No Girlfriend or Wife’ – Joe Rogan and Royce Gracie Reveal the Real Reason Behind Khabib Nurmagomedov’s Dagestani Teammates’ Secret to Success

Conor McGregor Misses Huge Opportunity Costing Him Millions Despite Breaking Dwayne Johnson’s Record With Jake Gyllenhaal’s ‘Road House’

Having Roughed Up Joe Rogan Under the Influence, Mark Coleman Finally Comes Clean on Infamous Moment

Gordon Ryan Reacts as Royce Gracie Makes an Unexpected Confession on Him to Joe Rogan – “You Say You’re Good, I Say I’m Good”

The two squared off for the Undisputed UFC championship. This time Lesnar came out on top after a second round TKO win over his arch-nemesis. Many expected a third and final bout between the two behemoths, but it never materialized.

ADVERTISEMENT

Article continues below this ad

READ MORE: “A Lot of Love for Brock”: Roman Reigns Previously Credited Brock Lesnar for His Life-Changing Moment in 2015

Recently, Chris Can Villet asked Frank Mir why Mir vs Lesnar part three didn’t happen. Mir said he would be ‘game’ for one more match with but Lesnar didn’t want it. Mir commented, “Not on his radar, I guess. Just not that he wanted to do it. When you’re on the A-side, he’s a draw money-wise, he gets to make more of the calls. From what I was told, because of the way I responded after the second fight, he truly felt that I was a little off.” 
He continued, “I think in Lesnar’s mind, ‘how could you want to fight me again’? People don’t [want to see it], so there’s something wrong with [me] that I think made him uneasy.”

There is no doubt that a third match between the two would’ve been an absolute box office draw for the UFC. Sadly for the fans, it seems they won’t get the chance to see it happen. Not unless Mir decides to jump the ship and come to WWE, because that is where Brock Lesnar is at the moment and finds himself comfortable with what he is doing.

ADVERTISEMENT

Article continues below this ad

Do you want to see Frank Mir vs Brock Lesnar happen inside the WWE? Let us know your thoughts in the comments.

Watch This Story: Brock Lesnar The Rock and more, youngest winners in WWE Royal Rumble history

Written by:

Sherjeel Malik

639Articles

One take at a time

Sherjeel Malik is a WWE writer at Essentially Sports. He has been a passionate Wrestling fan since childhood and his all-time favorites include 'The Hardy Boyz' and Randy Orton. Sherjeel also follows soccer religiously and is a Liverpool fan.
Show More>

Edited by:

Tony Thomas