It has been a year since Jose Ramirez fought Richard Commey on March 25th, 2023. After a year, following his association with Golden Boy Promotions, Ramirez, 31, will finally return this April to face a 38-year-old Cuban boxer. On the other hand, on the same card as Ramirez, Virgil Ortiz Jr. will fight his second match this year after the first-round TKO victory over Fredrick Lawson.

Watch What’s Trending Now!

In addition, Joseph Diaz will come back after the SD loss he suffered in February. As per the updates, he will square off against a boxer with an  80.77% KO rate. Well, here are the opponents these boxers will face in April.

ADVERTISEMENT

Jose Ramirez, Vergil Ortiz Jr., and Joseph Diaz are set to return in April!

In January this year, having parted ways with Top Rank, Jose Ramirez signed with Golden Boy Promotions with the view to becoming a two-time world champion in the sport. In this context, while Ramirez hoped to receive “some big fights” immediately, Oscar De La Hoya, the CEO of GBP, promised to keep the former “active against the best of the best“. On that note, marking his GBP debut, Jose Ramirez, 28-1-0, will face former IBF Lightweight and Super-Featherweight champion, Rances Barthelemy, 30-2-1.

Former champion Joseph Diaz Jr. will fight Oscar Duarte on the undercard, sources said. Duarte suffered a KO loss to Ryan Garcia in December. Crossroads fight.

Mike Coppinger
Mike Coppinger
@MikeCoppinger

Jose Ramirez will fight Rances Barthelemy on April 27 in Fresno, California, while Vergil Ortiz Jr. will meet Thomas Dulorme in the DAZN co-feature, sources told ESPN. Ramirez's Golden Boy debut after the former champion parted ways with Top Rank. espn.com/boxing/story/_…

200
Reply

As per Mike Coppinger from ESPN, Ramirez vs. Barthelemy will take place on April 27 in Fresno, California. On the other hand, the current WBA Gold Welterweight champion Vergil Ortiz Jr., 20-0-0, will fight the former NABF and WBO NABO Super-Lightweight champion, Thomas Dulorme, 26-6-1, on the same card as Ramirez vs. Rances.

ADVERTISEMENT

Provided Ortiz Jr. wins against Dulorme, being the no. 1 contender in Super-Welterweight, he will likely challenge the current WBA champion Israil Madrimov later this year.

Read More –Former Champ Jose Ramirez Declines $2 Million Teofimo Lopez Fight Offer from Top Rank to Land a Deal With Oscar De La Hoya’s Golden Boy

Additionally, on the undercard of Jose Ramirez vs. Rances Barthelemy, Joseph Diaz will return after the loss to Jesus Antonio Perez Campos in February to face Oscar Duarte, 26-2-1. While Diaz lost his last fight against Perez Campos, Duarte lost his to Ryan Garcia in December last year via an eighth-round KO. So, are you excited about the card? Which particular fight do you look forward to seeing the most? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below.

Also Read – Golden Boy Promotions Debunks Tony Weeks’ Brain Aneurysm Claim Amid Controversy Over Early Stoppage of Vergil Ortiz Jr. vs Fredrik Lawson Fight

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT