F1 Might Go With 2 Bahrain GPs Considering Situation of Coronavirus in Vietnam

Published 03/11/2020, 11:10 AM EDT


The F1 Vietnam GP looks set to be postponed before it ever occurs as COVID-19 keeps on spreading trepidation and vulnerability around the world. It has risen that the Hanoi race will follow the method of the Chinese Grand Prix. It will be taken off the schedule.

ADVERTISEMENT

Article continues below this ad

Formula One is due to head to Hanoi for the debut Vietnam GP on April 5, however, this presently looks not exactly sure after an alleged exchange with the authorities reveals plans to announce that the event will be postponed.

ADVERTISEMENT

Article continues below this ad

A post on Twitter shows that the administration has quit giving visas for outside travelers. It recommends that the declaration will be made on 15 March.

So far, 33 instances of coronavirus have been distinguished in Vietnam, without any fatal case.

Both MotoGP and Formula E have seen three races either dropped or delayed. Various other sporting events around the world are being either canceled or played out in empty stadiums.

What will happen if Vietnam GP is postponed?

Two world championship races could take place in Bahrain amid the outbreak of the coronavirus.

It is rumored that if there was to be a second race, it would come due to Vietnam being canceled, taking its April 5th slot on the calendar.

There will be a two-week gap existing between the scheduled Bahrain Grand Prix and the potential second race date. It would allow teams to enter a type of quarantine in the country.

ADVERTISEMENT

Article continues below this ad

F1 has just felt the impact of the coronavirus, with the Chinese Grand Prix being delayed. The Bahrain Grand Prix is set to take place behind closed doors. This means there will be no spectators for the Bahrain GP.

Formula One’s season-opening Australian Grand Prix will get in progress with quality of tension this week. Individuals from two racing teams are quarantined. Local health authorities are battling to contain community spread of the coronavirus.

Haas F1 said two of its staff were tested for coronavirus. They were kept to their lodgings in the wake of indicating side effects of a cold, while McLaren said one of its employees had self-disengaged.

ADVERTISEMENT

Article continues below this ad

 

SHARE THIS ARTICLE :

Abhay Aggarwal

411 articles

Abhay Aggarwal is sports analyst at EssentiallySports. Having joined ES in early 2020, he has over 300 NASCAR, Formula 1, and Tennis articles to his name. Abhay has been an avid motorsports fan for over a decade, and he even attended the inaugural Indian Grand Prix in 2011.

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT