In this age of the internet where every spoken word has untethered consequences and an unlimited life span, few have the guts to speak their minds. However, the ones who do have the strength to speak the unfiltered truth are often revered by their fellow mates. Sky Sports F1’s Johnny Herbert was such a man. The man who delivered his verdict on the 2021 Lewis Hamilton drama without thinking about the consequences. The man who often chose to speak the harsh truth sadly might have gotten the boot for this quality.
Watch What’s Trending Now!
In a world full of pencil pushers, it is endearing to see someone step away from the norm and stay true to journalism. Herbert was that kind of journalist. We are all aware the former racer turned pundit did not mince his words, even if they were about the team bosses while delivering his opinions.
This is exactly the quality that made Herbert different from other journalists. He wasn’t a people pleaser and would stay true and be original with his expert opinions. Herbert showcased that when he spoke about the 2021 controversy.

Reuters
Abu Dhabi Grand Prix. Yas Marina Circuit, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates – December 12, 2021. Mercedes’ Lewis Hamilton looks dejected after finishing second in the race and the world championship. Pool via REUTERS/Kamran Jebreili
He unabashedly said, “The FIA got it wrong and Lewis Hamilton was robbed of winning his eighth world championship title.”
Such unfiltered opinions generate a lot of backlash, but Herbert was unphased. This is exactly why the fans are mourning the loss of his presence in the Sky Sports F1 team.
Read More: Johnny Herbert Draws Parallels between Michael and Mick Schumacher
After the confirmation of his departure from the Sky team, Twitter couldn’t help but recite Herbert’s folklore.
Fans share their memories of Johnny Herbert, the man who spoke the truth about Lewis Hamilton
The fans on Twitter started talking about all Herbert brought to the journalistic table of Formula 1. The departure of the legendary commentator was definitely news for sore ears and fans showcased it.
I think that the race in question was when I lost any love for @F1 and it joined FIFA with its absurd Qatar decision by revealing, quite brazenly that is about the money, not the sport.
Always a Johnny fan, remember being in his fan club many years ago.
Wrong decision getting rid of Johnny!
Old fans of the man came forward to express their gratitude for him and communicated their dismay for his unexpected axing.
This happened in 2021 and I'm still pissed. I didn't watch a single race last year.
WATCH THIS STORY: F1 Clarifies Safety Car Rules That Cost Lewis Hamilton The 2021 Championship
Thank you Johnny you are the man 😊
That’s why yes men always end up at the top and outspoken people whatever the industry get sacked off . Truth hurts ! Shit rolls down Hill unfortunately He said what everyone else at the time was thinking . Wrong decision by the FIA and the wrong driver walked away with the WC
Most fans took the opportunity to point out what happens to the guys who always opt to speak the uncomfortable truth, they get axed. Despite losing out on his job, we are sure Herbert is still walking around with his head held high.

