

The tragic death of former LSU wide receiver Kyren Lacy has taken a shocking turn after new video evidence surfaced. The video revealed he may have been wrongly blamed in the fatal December 2024 crash. Originally, authorities blamed Lacy for the deadly hit-and-run in Louisiana that killed 78-year-old Herman Hall. But this October, Lacy’s attorney, Matthew Ory, presented surveillance footage from a nearby gas station that paints a very different picture.
Watch What’s Trending Now!
The footage reveals that the vehicles involved in the crash were actually about 72 yards ahead of Lacy’s car. The video clearly depicts Lacy already back in his lane well before the collision, directly contradicting the official police account. Ory said this evidence proves authorities unfairly blamed Lacy and should never have charged him so seriously. The recent development didn’t take much time for Lacy’s HC, Brian Kelly, to clear his stance on the story. “I thought that this was a process that takes time,” Kelly said during a press conference.“When it occurred, I said, ‘Let’s wait until all of the info comes out.’ For us to make these universal statements early on, it doesn’t serve anyone well.”
Lacy tragically took his own life just a day before a grand jury hearing. And now, new evidence has sparked a major debate about how authorities falsely accused the 24-year-old. “He’s loved by us,” Kelly added. “He was loved before, and is loved after. Our team loves Kyren. He was a great teammate, and he’s going to be missed.”
ADVERTISEMENT
Brian Kelly addresses the Kyren Lacy relevations from over the weekend. #LSU pic.twitter.com/gj0ADaCXtm
— Mike Scarborough (@ScarboroughMike) October 6, 2025
For a player on the rise, the weight of the legal accusations proved unbearable. But the recent developments clearly proved that his death was in vain. And even Ory exposed how the legal system made Lacy so desperate to ask for help. “He begged me to help him,” Ory told HTV10. “This kid had been assassinated on social media. In his mind, he’s already been prosecuted.” Ory admitted Lacy did pass four cars earlier on the highway. But he also emphasized that by the time the crash happened, Lacy was safely back in his lane. On top of that, the stakes were enormous. Lacy had turned himself in in January 2025 and posted $151,000 bail, but before the verdict, the pending legal battle clearly took a toll on him.
ADVERTISEMENT
The Lacys rally behind Kyren getting justice
After the evidence came into the light, Kyren Lacy’s parents are demanding justice for their son’s false prosecution. Kyren’s mother, Kandace Washington, has become a vocal advocate, using her platform to call on fans and communities to rally for her son. She posted on Instagram saying, “WE NEED EVERYONE TO COME OUT FOR Kyren Lacy TOMORROW The James Company.”
Her 24-year-old son gave his life because of a false accusation. Plus, Kandace has channeled her grief into action by founding the KyrenK2Foundation, focused on mental health awareness and suicide prevention. And even Lacy’s father, Kenny, didn’t fall behind in blaming the Louisiana State Police’s investigation. “That officer knew he was recording on body cam; he knew he was being recorded. The Police Force is kinda like the military in some ways. There’s a chain of command,” he wrote.
ADVERTISEMENT
“Somebody told him to go do what he did, and he was dumb enough to do it because that’s how much hate he had in his heart for my son.” Kenny believes a much bigger conspiracy is behind all this. One can clearly understand the frustration of the parents who lost their son, whose life was just beginning. Rest in peace, Kyren Lacy. May justice, at long last, prevail.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

